Is there a dive shop in Tulsa area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PK

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I'll be in Tulsa/Broken Arrow in a few weeks and am wondering if there dive shops locally?

Also, what are some fun things to do in the Tulsa area? It's my first visit.

there are 2 dive shops in Tulsa the Dive Site is on 41st between Mingo and Memorial
and Poseidon Adventures at 38th and Peoria. There really isnt anywhere to dive in the Tulsa area you have to drive a couple of hours to get anywhere. As for other things to do im not sure what your intrests are but im sure there would be something for you to do.

Thanks for the reply! Do you know the names of the dive shops?

I'm visiting my brother in Broken Arrow. He's a certified diver too but hasn't been active for a while. I'm going to try to rent some gear and give him a brief refresher in his backyard pool. Then I'm going to try to convince him to join me on a dive trip to Fiji. We'll see how it goes.

I like to do all sorts of things. What are most favorite things to do out there? I also like horseback riding. Are there places we can ride on trails?

Most of my equestrian experiences in the Tulsa area are dressage and eventing, but I’ve heard a lot about the Dry Creek Ranch in Broken Arrow for trail rides. You might try calling them. There also used to be a place on Monkey Island at Grand Lake, but I don’t remember the name of it.

It’s not that far to Tenkiller and plenty of the locals are always diving there.

The Oklahoma Aquarium in Jenks (SW Tulsa) is very good. They have an outstanding walk through shark exhibit with a lot of big Bulls.

PK:
Thanks for the reply! Do you know the names of the dive shops?

I'm visiting my brother in Broken Arrow. He's a certified diver too but hasn't been active for a while. I'm going to try to rent some gear and give him a brief refresher in his backyard pool. Then I'm going to try to convince him to join me on a dive trip to Fiji. We'll see how it goes.

I like to do all sorts of things. What are most favorite things to do out there? I also like horseback riding. Are there places we can ride on trails?

The dive shop I use is Poseidon Adventures, at 3800 S Peoria. They are a PADI full service dive shop and will rent you anything you need, Brad is the manager and he will set you up with what ever you need. As for things to do go to the aquarium in Jenks (south west Tulsa) if you want to see some great fish.(be prepared it is $14 a person) When your done go to the Riverwalk just north of the aquarium for some great food and drinks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom