is there a way to clean up video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know. I'd like to take all the short clips from my 4040 and put them all together but I have no clue how to do that. It would probably mean some expensive, confusing computer program!

video is nothing more than a stream of pictures. Anything you can do with a picture you can do to video. Now the next step is to find the software to do it.... do a google for stuff like "adobe premiere" or "pinnacle". I am not sure how expensive these software products really are but hope this helps.

Gerard

Hi-
Well it's not easy - and does involve quite expensive software. One of the best is Adobe Premiere (List price $699) This has some built in video filters that might work. you can try it out for 30 days for free - download it here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jsp#product=98
If all you want to do is add clips together (Dee) then I would suggest using Windows Movie Maker 2 - (not version 1 - the upgrade - but it only works on XP)
Another one is Ulead Media Studio - $495 (lots of functions - steep learning curve) or Video Studio - $99 (easier to use - but less possibilities). Again a 30 day trial of both of these can be found here:
http://www.ulead.com/download/trial.htm

I suggest downloading the trials and checking them out.

KimLeece:
If all you want to do is add clips together (Dee) then I would suggest using Windows Movie Maker 2 - (not version 1 - the upgrade - but it only works on XP)

Really? I've got XP Home on my laptop. Mmmm.....

Abril:
Dee,
Ive played with movie maker, It took me about 30 mins to realize they want you to drag your document into the squares at the bottom, then you can edit them. Just a tip to save you time
Yes - you drag (normally AVI clips) to the little boxes on what's called the timeline. This is the basis of moving picture editing! you can then (indeed) do different things to the clips (filters/video painting etc) as well as add transitions between them. Look at it like this - when we only had film, to edit a movie meant physically cutting the tape and splicing it back together to produce the end product. Now - with digital film - we use the "squares at the bottom" to store our pieces of cut tape - and then manipulate whatever we want to do (apply filters/video paint/trimming etc) until we are happy with the final product - then we RENDER it back into ONE movie file either with no compression - AVI...... or with compression - MPEG. The reason we use compression is that 10 minutes of uncompressed video at a reasonable size (640X480) will cost you 2 GB of disk space so won't fit on a CD etc - Movie Maker 2 uses a new compression codec that can make very small files - with a very good quality - if you use this codec (Windows Media 9 .wmv extension.)

Please check the links I gave you - like I said originally - it's not that easy in the beginning - it has a VERY steep learning curve - but the rewards of being able to edit your own video are high - and it would probably cost you a lot of money to let someone else do it!!! You have to work at it........

Thanks Abril and Kim. I plan to take some video with my C-5050 on our trip in a couple of weeks. When we get back I'll spend some time learning how to do this. I know the video from still cameras isn't all that great but to me it's sort of the snapshot version of video and will serve it's purpose to keep memories.

Try Magix Video Deluxe. I think it cost around $50.00. Fairly easy to learn and will do far more than what you will need. Pinnacle is also an excellant program ....if it happens to work with your computer. After numerous crashes and inability to output back to camera....they gave me my money back. Terrrible tech support. With both these programs,you just drag scenes into the timeline.You can edit out unwanted footage and add transitions and music. Editting video is relatively time consuming,especially if you use a USB cable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom