Is there a way?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
So a young diver and I come up with this idea for a Scuba diving video game.

It starts out with you being only able to snorkel, then as you find things, earn money and help people you get to go onto Scuba then as you help people find things you get to go onto more challenging things.
The bosses as they are called, would first be a giant catfish, you can't kill him, you get your friend the fisherman to catch him. so you have to be friendly to get help or you can't get the catfish.
Then the second boss would be a giant clam, and you have to help and learn scuba to get to the clam.

you have a computer buddy that helps out when needed and you could go to different places around the world each with their unique challenges to overcome, like a shark that can't be killed with a spear gun. you can kill another fish to lure the shark away.

so there is the idea how to we get someone to write the programming for our Gamecube and Xbox?

What do you all think of the idea?

That’s a good idea Fishkiller. If you ever produce that game, I’ll be your first customer :wink:

Some years ago, I read something about a Scuba Diving sim that was written for the PC. It had good graphics and sound, unfortunately it flopped big time as it didn’t offer anything else than simple sightseeing underwater. It was basically a boring game, plus the market was very small. The rest of the ‘underwater games’ I’ve seen are designed for kids.

Your progression system sounds good. Some of the more realistic scenarios you can add could be swimming against strong currents, choosing the right equipment/gear, listening and following dive plans, looking out for your buddy, etc. You gain bonuses or lose points depending on how you carry out these tasks. One thing's for sure, your game would be a great cure for those 'withdrawal symptoms' during off-season. :D

Hey maybe you can approach Maxis Software or Microsoft to come out with a game called SimDiver for the PC and XBox...heheh.

Good luck dude!

and you can find ancient shipwrecks, great lost weapons, etc...need a little bit of piracy in there too!! ages

I have this old shareware DOS game called Scubaman's Quest. If anyone wants it, I'll email it, it's about half a meg only. Pretty silly, but fun.
Neil

Neil

Could you email me a copy hun - send it to :
xpigletbabyx@aol.com

Cheers hun - sounds like it could be a laugh -x-

Please Please Plaese can I have a copy as well to have something to play untill the ice melts to less than 50 cm.
michael.max@gmx.de

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom