Is there an alternative for dry suit underwear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of my friends just gave me an almost new dry suit (Trilam Tech Dry from Bare). Now I need to by underwear for the suit. I find them to be somewhat expensive for something I will only use 5 or 6 times a year. Is there any alternative like some other kind of clothing I can use to replace the authentic scuba diving underwear?

You will through away money this way Unless you plan to dive St Lawrence only a couple of months in summer you need the appropriate undergarment. I always dive 400g in Quebec and Ontario. Good undergarment will be less boyant, warmer, keep you warm when flooded, does not restrict the motion.

You can find yourself diving more than 6 times a year if you have good undies.

I tried to wear a very flexible triathlon wetsuit under my Viking and it worked very well. I was warm in winter in the Puget Sound even though the wetsuit was only about 3mm thick. You should be able to pick one up from ebay for less than $200. The great advantage is that you will still be well protected even if your suit floods. Just make sure you don't get a suit that is very tight so you have freedom of movement.

Didnt read all the replies.. But lavacore suits are supposed to work great as undergarments for dry suits.. Warm---and, if you get a leak--- they are designed to be thin wetsuits-- so they will dry out fast.. Full suit would cost you 199$_-- so pretty cheap.. LP sells them-- so you can take a look..Here is a thread talking about it -- and you can do a search for lavacore drysuit on goggle and youll find a few things to read... Looks pretty cool.. IM going to get them for my trip to png.. Ill dive the lavacore there- then when i come back-- use them in my drysuit in conjunction with my other thermals... Can really modulate :)

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-383775.html

I often used ski suits under dry suits and sometimes used dry suit underwear to ski in, they're basically the same thing.

and sometimes used dry suit underwear to ski in, they're basically the same thing.
Same here. Nice to get more than one use out of it.

Recently I threw rain gear over my White's MK1 + MK2 and used my drysuit undergarments for foul-weather sailing gear. Was nice and toasty in the cockpit despite 50 degree temperatures, plenty of wind and pouring down rain.

Same here. Nice to get more than one use out of it.

Recently I threw rain gear over my White's MK1 + MK2 and used my drysuit undergarments for foul-weather sailing gear. Was nice and toasty in the cockpit despite 50 degree temperatures, plenty of wind and pouring down rain.
Hm ... never tried that, but I have worn my wetsuit as foul weather gear ... worked great, but a little hard on the smooth skin suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom