Is there any diving close to Shanghai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chachita

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I leave next weekend for Singapore and China on business. I'll be diving in Singapore and will then spend 10 days in Shanghai for work and will have all my diving gear with me. Is there any diving in the area and, if so, what is it like?

I leave next weekend for Singapore and China on business. I'll be diving in Singapore and will then spend 10 days in Shanghai for work and will have all my diving gear with me. Is there any diving in the area and, if so, what is it like?

We dive the Underwater Great Wall regularly, including scheduled trips the first and last weekend of August. Please contact me directly if you would be able to make either of those dates and I will send more information.

We dive the Underwater Great Wall regularly, including scheduled trips the first and last weekend of August. Please contact me directly if you would be able to make either of those dates and I will send more information.
I have been looking forward to diving the great wall, everybody i contact cant give me any solid information. I just sent you a PM. We are in dongguan.
Chachita
You can dive in 1000 island lake too. Big Blue Scuba in shanghai makes trips. There is an underground city that was flooded. It is deep though and the water is not too clear, but the lake looks amazing. I did dives in shenzhen last week and they were awful. Viz of about 1 meter tops.

My recommendation would be to dive Qingdao that is pretty nice, Big Blue is pretty expensive though. I used to live there for the last 4 years and just moved back to the US, I loved China, I think you will have a great time there.
If you do not mind coral reefs that are a little abused and warm water then go to Hainan. While it is not great it gets you under water and satisfies the urge.
The wall is interesting but I think the 1000 island lake is a lot better.

Have fun

Back
Top Bottom