Is there any Steel tank diving in Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sheryl

New
Reaction score
Hi

I just got back from a fabulous week of diving in Cozumel. I dove with Living Under Water that used steal tanks, average air time per tank was 80 minutes. It was a little more expensive but well worth it. I am planning to dive Belize early next year and would love to have the same bottom times. Does anyone know who might have steal tanks?

If you are going to Cozumel I highly recommend Oracio with www.living-underwater.com, (read the comments)

Thanks

What depths were you diving for those bottom times?

Dove Paso Del Cedral 55 ft bottom time 90 minutes, Palancar Caves Depth 110 ft bottom time75mins, Santa Rosa Wall 105 ft 69 mins ( down at deep depths for quite a while) , outer Columbia 70mins at 75ft ( I had over 900 PSI left). This is just to name a few. Oracio uses Computers and is very experienced. I was a new diver with only 7 dives under my belt. Towards the end of the week I was getting more bottom time due to a controlled breathing. I talked to some of the more experienced divers and they were getting 120 minute bottom time's. It all has to do with the steel tanks, I was using the smaller LP steel 70 my husband the larger LP120's. My friend got back from Cozumel this weekend and she Dove with Dive Paradise her average bottom time 45 mins this was using regular tanks. For longer bottom times it was money well spent.

Back
Top Bottom