Is there good diving in Hana, Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Then you won't have too many options on Maui :wink: only 1 that I know of "ProDiver" runs a 6 pack.

All but 1 of the other boats I'm aware of here are 12 packs, the last (Lahaina Divers) takes 18 - 24 I've been told (and their boat can handle that many easily too from what I'm told)

Many of the ops here will split the group up into 2-4 dive groups with 1-2 DM's per group - they avoid the "cattleboat" syndrome often encountered on boats that way fairly effectively.

Aloha, Tim

P.S. looks like Al beat me to the same info - lol

Dive & Sea is also a 6-pack boat, and I enjoy John & Emi's above-water style immensely. Unfortunately, I haven't dove with them (it was a training dive, so my instructor was there) and can't tell you much more than that.

Only downside to Dive & Sea: there's no head (bathroom) on-board.

KrisB:
Only downside to Dive & Sea: there's no head (bathroom) on-board.

They laugh at me on the B&B boat cause I'm always headed full tilt boogie for the head between dives. I'm sorry but for some reason I can't pee in my wetsuit. I've really really really tried too.

OK guess what, I'm off to the Kihei boat ramp in a little bit cause I'm diving with Brad and Blesi and then at 12:30 this afternoon Jill and I are splashing into the shark tank at the Maui Ocean Center.

hehehehehehe

Al Mialkovsky:
They laugh at me on the B&B boat cause I'm always headed full tilt boogie for the head between dives. I'm sorry but for some reason I can't pee in my wetsuit. I've really really really tried too.

OK guess what, I'm off to the Kihei boat ramp in a little bit cause I'm diving with Brad and Blesi and then at 12:30 this afternoon Jill and I are splashing into the shark tank at the Maui Ocean Center.

hehehehehehe
I know what you mean, Al.

I've managed to a couple times when I *REALLY* had to. Like 2 hours into the 2.5+ hour rebreather dive... when I just couldn't hold it anymore.

That's one thing I like more about diving the shorty than the full suit I switched to... I could pull out the wetsuit leg and it felt like I was just peeing into the ocean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom