Is this a good deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kiwi303

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a bendomatic deco meter, 70's tank, 70's scubapro depth gauge, 70's fins, old horsecollar BCD with manual inflation and a cork!

Just wondering If I should go the whole hog and start collecting a museum exhibit display... I have a 70's Calypso IV as well, but THIS looks more "Old"

Nemrod Silver 2 Hose Regulator - Vintage | Trade Me

Exchange rate has the $400 buy now at about the USD $320 mark with $1 NZ buying 80C US.

It also seems a bit high to me as well. I bought one recently for under a 100 bucks.

The seller is on crack.If your rich and don't care how much you pay then go for it.I bought a nice Nemord this year for $100 also.If you wait you can get one at a good price.I see these new collectors paying high prices for regs.Like a black tag Northill for $800!I thought I over paid for mine at $350.That is a common double hose reg they show up all the time on ebay.I would wait.

That reg is worth $100 - 150 USD depending on condition. Totally restored and ready to dive with all new rubber (if you could get it) $300-350 would not be too bad.

Nemrod made the Snark III Silver until it folded in 1998. The version that is for sale in NZ is identical to the one that I purchased new in 1987 (this was the last version up though the end of production). The Nemrod sticker on the exhaust can is missing on the unit for sale. These are good 2 stage (Nemrod claims 3 stage) regulators. The US Navy used Nemrod Snark III Silvers after the USD DAAMs were retired, and before the Aqualung Mentors arrived, so you know they are workhorses. The regulators can be rebuilt, if you can find the parts in Spain, but as it has been 13 years since the company stopped production, NOS part supplies are getting harder to come by.

The Nemrod is worth what someone is willing to pay. I personally wouldn't go north of $200 -$225 for one in good working order.

The seller is on crack.If your rich and don't care how much you pay then go for it.I bought a nice Nemord this year for $100 also.If you wait you can get one at a good price.I see these new collectors paying high prices for regs.Like a black tag Northill for $800!I thought I over paid for mine at $350.That is a common double hose reg they show up all the time on ebay.I would wait.

You saw that too? Had me thinking, damn, it's time to sell my own. Of course, I figure there must have only been two fools in the world that desperate to own a NH and now one of them owns one, so the bidding wouldn't go that high again. About the same time they bid a Divair up to $560. I couldn't figure that one out at all. Thescubamuseum.com had a rebuilt one for sale for $150 for months before it sold.

I noticed that about a week later, a green label NH went for about $450.

Right, Thanks guys :D I'll ignore it, and if I feel like getting a double hose for a Vintage" rig, I'd scan the US Ebay market. Sounds a lot cheaper to pick one up there and have it sent to my friend to post here with the rest of the Ebay oddments i get over the course of a year.

I have a deal with a friend where I paypal him enough to pick up a USPS flat rate international parcel box, and it sits on a shelf in the garage. as I buy something it gets shipped to him and goes in the box, once thebox is full it gets posted and I pay an online liquor retailer in his state to ship him a bottle of decent scotch.

Takes a while to fill a box, but saves a LOT on individual shipping and lets me get stuff from "Lower 48 Only" shipping sellers with no hassle.

IMO, ebay's only really good if you're content to lose 95% of the time.

It's easy to get carried away with auctions. What I do is look at the stuff, decide what the maximum is that I would pay including shipping then place my bid and I don't change it.

The way I see it, if you paid too much, then you didn't really win, did you?

I'd also keep my eye on VDH and thescubamuseum.com. They often sell working regulators for less than the crap shoot you get with ebay.

Heck, I'm content to loose 99% of the time...

Since it's going to sit in a box for a few months anyway, unless it gets won when the box is getting pretty darn full, then it's not something thats exactly instant gratification and I'm quite happy to wait for something better to show up.

What's a month more or less...

For Ebay US, I'll generally track prices for a month or two and find what the median sort of final price is before I even think about putting a bid in... Take Cameras, Ive decided to get a Sony Alpha series A-300, New enough to have decent features and Mp, old enough to be cheap, LOTS of cheap Minolta Maxxum AF glass available dead cheap. They sell generally around the $150 mark, I'm not bidding more than $100, some time there's going to be a nice clean A-300 on sale that I can pick up for $100 or less simply because no-one else was bidding it up...

I don't mind if it's tomorrow or next year. I've a budget and an item, and sometime, the two wil co-incide, even if that means missing 200 others just as good but $20 dearer.

Trademe is a little different, it's here in NZ, and I often use it like a hardware store, being stuck out here in the countryside looking after animals, it's often easier to grab a buy-now on an item and pony up for shipping to get it out here than it is to go to town and pick one up.

Back
Top Bottom