Is this a good deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MZPT

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, I found an SEA & SEA YS-90DX TTL with fiber optic cord for <$200. I know that it's an older version strobe, I have a Sony a6000 and the Fantasea housing. I'm fairly new to photography and am still learning. I was wondering if this strobe will work? Or should I just apply the money I was going to pay for this strobe towards a newer model.

This is what's included for that price:
*SEA & SEA YS-90DX TTL light strobe, fiber optic cable, DX stay tray, and DX arm

Thank you

This strobe's TTL only works with the sync cord, otherwise, you will be using it as a slave that triggers off your camera's flash, and possibly use the strobe's light sensor to do exposure metering, but you have to pre-set the camera's f-stop.

You should be able to find a YS-01 for that price, maybe not the tray & arm, but you might get some loc-line tray for cheap. The YS-01 does DS-TTL, which will emulate your camera's internal flash, just much brighter. So whatever setting you change on the camera, it would not get confused.

Or a YS-03, which is like the YS-01, but only with DS-TTL.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom