Is this a good raft to dive with??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deepdiver7

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
38104__91474_zoom.gif

Two oar locks and two oars

Max capacity: 435 lb

14-gauge PVC

7' x 3' x 11"

All around grabline

Three seperate air chambers for safety

Double Lock valve

I will be in the raft along with and extra scuba tank and some gear and food. Is this raft good for scuba diving?

I wouldn't consider that for a lake with no wind. You can surface swim with less effort than it will take to move that boat the same distance. Those little inflatables don't move worth a darn, especially if they are loaded with two tanks and gear. You'd be better off with a kayak which is still only usable in the best conditions.

It is not well suited for diving out of. PVC boats leave a lot to be desired. Might want to look at a sit-on-top kayak that may serve you better if you are in swimming distance to your site. It will be more durable and give you great access to dive sites you would find in Florida.

It is not well suited for diving out of. PVC boats leave a lot to be desired. Might want to look at a sit-on-top kayak that may serve you better if you are in swimming distance to your site. It will be more durable and give you great access to dive sites you would find in Florida.

Say a nice hard plastic small 50 lb boat on that site i think. It looked nice and ive seen them around.Think it was cheep.I use a pram b4 at that was great. You could put stuff in it but you want to use the back of the boat to hold on to. That where it can take the weight the most.Rafts cant really the weight as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom