Is this normal with a Techniflex?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rpm88yb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I live in Seattle, and bought a Techniflex last August. I've only been able to dive it 4 times now, and each time I have had a lot of moisture on the outside of my superstretch undergarment.

The first couple of dives I knew something was wrong because I also had about an inch of water in one of my boots at the end of the dives. I took the suit into Underwater Sports and they found a seam tear on the leg. I got the suit back from them (they sent it to USIA) and dove it this last weekend and although there isn't water collecting in the bottom of the suit, it still has moisture on the inside and my undergarment is still pretty wet on the outside.

To those that dive a Techniflex, or a Dry Suit in general: Is this level of moisture normal?

I don't know? That is why I am asking, I have about 4 dives worth of experience in a Dry Suit. I would think that prespiration would be on the inside of my undergarment, which was dry, but who knows? Maybe with the temp of the water, moisture collects on the inside of the suit similar to a glass of ice water getting moisture on the outside when it sits in a warmer room.

From what I understand, (I am no expert) the undergarments will wick the perspiration away from your body thus keeping the inside of the undergarment dry. Also since your body is keeping the inside of the suit at a higher temp then the water is keeping the outside, there would be some condensation on the inside of the suit. Not so much as where you could wring water out of you undergarment (this would be an indication of a leak) but more like dampness.

It's sweat. The undergarment wicks moisture away from you, and a good undergarment will seep it into the suit and away from the garment. The first time I tried a weezle, I thought something was wrong!

You're fine.

I have a TLS350 and my Bare HiLoft is always damp on the outside after a dive. I always figured it was probably sweat or condensation, since it sure doesn't seem like it's enough to be a leak. I sure never feel like I'm sweating though!

Thanks guys. It is dry on the inside, so I will chalk it up to sweat.

Now does anyone have any hints on getting the suit off without dislocating my shoulder? :wink:

bdshort:
I sure never feel like I'm sweating though!

That means the undergarment is doing it's job.

Back
Top Bottom