Isla de Mujeres Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hola!

We are planning a trip to Isla de Mujeres in June. Your recommendations are already appreciated, as I am already researching dive operators. Now, I am hoping you can all make some recommendations for:
  1. Good, Affordable Hotels
  2. Good Places to Eat
  3. Snorkeling Recommendations (the day we fly out we have half a day, and I have to get in the water!)

Thank you all in advance for you shared wisdom.

---Wes

Hola Scubamon. You can check this Isla Mujeres Na Balam Beach Hotel
perhaps the best ratio rates/quality on isla mujeres with my diveshop inside.
If you prefer cheaper accomodations are availables, starting from 250 usd weekly with air cond. frigo and tv... Just let me know couple of months before. Try to stay here on the island not before june to have the occasion of a snorkeltrip with our great whale sharks! About my dives... just write me on nautica@nabalam.com or add me on Facebook as Balam Nautic Center
Bye :wink: Guido

Hola Scubamon. You can check this Isla Mujeres Na Balam Beach Hotel
perhaps the best ratio rates/quality on isla mujeres with my diveshop inside.
If you prefer cheaper accomodations are availables, starting from 250 usd weekly with air cond. frigo and tv... Just let me know couple of months before. Try to stay here on the island not before june to have the occasion of a snorkeltrip with our great whale sharks! About my dives... just write me on nautica@nabalam.com or add me on Facebook as Balam Nautic Center
Bye :wink: Guido

Just sent you an email. I look forward to more dive info. Thanks!
---Wes

ok Wes. I received your email. When you'll be ready and you'll decide the dates just let me know the type of accomodations you are looking for and I'll organize for you everything you need with the best tips. Let's stay in touch. bye :wink:

Isla Mujeres .info Q&A Message Board List

This will answer so many of your questions. I dove w/ Enrique and now that I can compare it to Cozumel, I have to say that I was spoiled rotten. If I wanted to see sea turtles, he took me there and made sure I saw 8-10 and some were so close! Night dives are so incredible as well.

PS - North Beach is so calm and pristine You can float on your back more than a hundred feet out without getting any water on your face - it's that calm. It's also waist deep for 100+ feet. That's also where that gorgeous luxury resort - Na Balm is located. However, you may get much cheaper rates at other hotels downtown (tiny blocks away from the beach) but you definitely get what you pay for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom