Island Discovery Divers-Antigua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingPrincessE

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone used Island Discovery Divers in Antigua (run by Mercedes Bowens and Kevin Lewis)? Are they safe? Would they be appropriate for a new-ish diver? Any other information you think might be relevant?

Also, they are charging $100 for a two-tank dive which is more than I am paying at the other three islands I'm diving at...even though from what I've read Antigua has the worst diving. I'm not sure I want to pay the most for the "worst" dive trip of the week.

Island Discovery Divers - Home

Or if you haven't used them, can you recommend any other good shops in Antigua (that are not listed below).

Background:

I am going to be in Antigua on Thursday, April 3rd, 2008 from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. The following dive ops have been recommended on this board and are unavailable.

Dive Antigua-said they only dive Mon, Wed, and Fri and referred me to Island Discovery Divers

Jolly Divers-boat leaves at 9:00 am, can only do a one-tank shallow dive in the afternoon...I want a two-tank dive.

Seawolf-Boat leaves at 10:00 am, I only arrive at the island at 10:00 am.

Antigua Scuba Center-their website is no longer up, leading me to assume the shop has closed down

Aquanaut-Has not answered my email yet. Also they don't appear to have a website, so I don't know anything about this shop.

Any help is appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom