It may be time to get my LDS involved!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Duckbill, the fills at Sub Surface in Ft. Bragg are OK.
It's a really cool shop, the kid who owns it (Kenny's son) appreciates vintage gear.
His dad was a hell of a diver, a navy man and commercial diver way back when. He died of cancer a few years ago but his vintage mask collection and double hose regs that he used hang in the store and live on.
The dive shop is a rustic looking place and has the feel of an old trading post.
I have moved all my business to them. Even though they are 2 hours away I have it planned out that I will schedule a dive outing up that way when I run down to my last two full tanks, then stop in there to get everything I own filled with an air card, say hi to the guys, and maybe pick up something I need...or maybe something I don't need, but I like them so I'll support them.

The bash is getting primed to be the best yet!
Remember, September 15th thru 18th.

You'll have to try my Abalone and Panko.

Thanks, ZKY. I'm really looking forward to it. Every time in the past I've tried to get to Ft. Bragg for my first ab dive something comes up. Hopefully I will be able to make it this time. I'm planning on it. The get-together sounds like lots of fun. I think several other vintage divers are planning to be there too.

I stopped in there of october 2001, it was the best dive shop I ever stopped at, And the trading post example in fort brag is why I know it was the same one. And I talked with the old guy for awhile. good times, and great location.

Happy Diving

I whip my tanks and use a bottom brush then blow them out with clean tank air from another cylinder. I have an air fitting that goes onto a LP hose and I have a few air blower tools I made out of a male ended air fitting with a length of copper tubing soldered on the end. I have two of these, one straight and one with a bend it the end. I can blow out all the rust powder and avoid the rinsing. If I do rinse then I hook up the blower tools to a bottle of CO2 and the tanks won't flash rust.
I also order my own VIP stickers from LP and do my own VIP's.

I figured out a way to completely go around the idiots at the LDS - do it myself.

I was told that CO2 is considered a dirty gas if you use nitrox and dont blend first might be an issue nitrogen should be a better choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom