Items Lost U/W in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coz Sally

Contributor
Reaction score
My client, who is not fond of computers, has had a rough couple of days. The following items have been lost:

May 27th: Colombia Reef, 1st morning dive. Wide angle lens to a MX-10 Sea & Sea camera

May 27th: San Francisco Reef, 2nd morning dive. Weight pocket with 5 lb weight. Black with yellow handle. "Sunny" written on it with white fingernail polish.

May 28th: Palancar Bricks, 1st morning dive. The matching weight pocket, identical to the one lost the previous day, with a 5 pound weight.

:shakehead:

If you find any of these items, please contact me, Sally Hurwitch, at 878-4662, my home number, or reply here.

Could someone please copy this onto "the other board". I can login there but it won't let me post. I guess it's been too long since I frequented these boards...

HI Sally! Mollie and I loved our massages. and thanks for the tip on the Sonora Grill great Yucatan dinner!

Old Gaffer (Tom and Mollie)

Glad you enjoyed your dinner at Sonora Grill! I've been going there for years. The staff is great and the food is yummy. For a taste of Mexico, their Mexican platter (a little of everything) can't be beat.

Will keep an eye out for the gear Sally but you know with the number of divers on those reefs the chances of them still being down there is pretty slim.

WELL THIS MAKES ME FEEL MUCH BETTER...
Tuesday May 10th I lost a computer at Palancar Cuevones area. We dropped in a little south of the normal starting part, but not my much. We stayed a little shallower than normal due to a new diver having some difficulties. It was in a wrist mount that was clipped to my console with a large stainless steel clip. I THINK it came off when i sent up my surface marker at the start of our ascent to the safety stop, not sure though. It's a Genesis React Pro. I can give a more specific description if someone thinks they found it.

I swam against the current to where I deployed Surface marker, but didn't see it. The DM and I dropped back in about 1/2 way through the dived area and did a quick 10 minute search to where I deployed to no avail.

I was once told that "THINGS DON'T STAY LOST FOR LONG IN COZUMEL" so I'm sure someone has found it by now.

I've found quite a few items when diving in COZ. Weight belts x 2, several individual weights, both soft and hard, snorkel, single fin. How people lost the fin I can't quess.

Not like tanks on Villablanca following one of the hurricanes, right Tony?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom