It's NHL Playoff Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Memorial Day weekend. Can't break up the start of summer, even if NBC does not broadcast until game three. Hockey does not stand a chance on US television or even in person. The NHL just had to give the Ducks a few extra days off to recover.

Had they started on Saturday night they would have played two Saturday games. Now if they follow the normal pattern they will have only one. Sad....

Let the battle begin.

tedtim:
Hockey does not stand a chance on US television or even in person.

Had they started on Saturday night they would have played two Saturday games. Now if they follow the normal pattern they will have only one. Sad....

Let the battle begin.
That's not entirely true....New England, Michigan, Minnesota and other northern states are very much hockey hotbeds, and there are a lot of Northerners and Canadians in Florida that follow, but sadly not to the extent of the other 3 major sports. Personally, I can't see the interest in the NBA ( which stands for Nightly Brawls Allowed). I used to watch back in the days of Bird, Johnson, Kareem, Dr J....but lost interest when the Barkleys, Iversons Sprewells etc took over. Now the game is just a bunch of thugs...sad.

Not sure if the NHL purposely gave the Ducks a few extra days off, but the schedule is suspicious....thought so as soon as I read it.

I read that the Ducks expect to try and run the Sens, and play a "Broad St Bully's" style. I think that'll be a mistake, as the Sens have too much firepower to give them many PPs. Let the games begin!
C-Dawg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom