Its really NOT my fault...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I train my son and daughter well... I have friends tell me that the next time they call, my kids had BETTER let them talk to me. When I tell them that I wasn't home, and that my kids are instructed to never ever let anyone know they are home alone, they are speechless... being outsmarted by a little kid. Bwahahahah.

As they got older we discussed things like internet security and why it is sooooooo important to not give your real identity. Just recently we started getting mail for "Bob Aluey"... this perplexed me, since we even got a magazine subscription addressed to the same. Soon I realized my son's nom de net... but we adults would probably spell it Bob-a-Louie! And he and I spoke about how he is still divulging family information, like the home address. (not that I am paranoid, but Iggy is still at large)

But tonight I was really floored when a soliciter called asking for... you guessed it... Bob Aluey. It was all I could do to respond with a straight voice that no, there was no Bob ALuey who resided here. I don't know what he was offering, but I had to split a gut after I hung up. It's just not my fault that my son has inherited my sense of humor.

What magazine it was?

It was Time... nothing too weird, but not something my son would be reading either.

it reminds me of when, as kids, our folks told us not to pass the phone to them if it was a stranger. They did not want unsolicited calls in the evenings. We were supposed to tell them that our parents were out (hey, this was Illinois in the early '70's.) One particularly pesky salesperson kept trying, so my little brother said, "My mommy's never coming home. She's dead."

Subsequently, my poor dad was pestered by a long list of solicitors wanting to offer services tailored to a widower & his family!

Do you suppose that Time would want a subscription form the great "El Ka-Bong"??

Now I am wondering how many of the board members are scratching their heads wondering who dickens Bob-a-Louie and El Ka-Bong are....

eh Quicks Draw?

My family ran a Tropical Fish and Exoctic Bird store for years. We used to have to put the answering machine on every April 1st.

We didn't have time to explain to all the persistant callers that they had reached a FISH STORE, and no, Mr. Fisch doesn't work here. Even when we pointed out the date to them, they insisted they had a message slip on their desk to call Mr. Fisch at this number.

Man, some people are clueless....

NetDoc - Kudos to you for raising reasonably net-savy kids!

Happy Diving,
Scuba-sass :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom