It's Torture, I tell ya...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is mainly for Ber Rabbit, I imagine, but Notso_Ken got a pic of me struggling with my wetsuit DESPITE the skin! Still- it DOES help. I wasn't so sure when I tried it on in my living room (with the wetsuit and nearby to the shower in case of any zipper emergencies) or while diving with erparamedic last week. But on Saturday I definitely noticed a marked improvement of, shall we say, strategic locationing?

OHHHHH- get your minds out of the gutter! I'm talking about my elbows and my knees here. You people are sick! Sick, I tell you!

trucker girl:
Just so everyone knows...

I bought a skin. It may be slightly too large up in the arms but it seems to fit everywhere else. It DID help- though it didn't alleviate the problems everywhere... When I got my suit on, however, the bends in my arms and legs (not the elbows and knees- the opposite side from those :)) didn't hurt from the material bunching up there. I guess that's worth $35 right there...
Hey that s just great to here and yes they are a little big some times. My Henderson Dive Skin is and XL and it would bunch up. But hey it makes the 7mm wetsuit go on and come of eaiser.

Thanks for the link- interesting. I didn't look around too much- but this isn't a regular skin, is it? It says it traps a layer of water between it and your skin- and provides thermal protection. (though I imagine that's very slight). Their link to the prices (ordering) isn't working...

Have you tried getting in the water and putting the suit on? I've done that a few times on the beach and it seemed to make things easier.

In the long run, you may want to try a thinner (3 mil) wetsuit or farmer jane with a 3mil jacket over the top. That's what my girlfriend uses and it seems like it is easier to put on than a think suit, plus it gives you a lot of variety for different conditions.

trigfunctions:
Have you tried getting in the water and putting the suit on? I've done that a few times on the beach and it seemed to make things easier.

In the long run, you may want to try a thinner (3 mil) wetsuit or farmer jane with a 3mil jacket over the top. That's what my girlfriend uses and it seems like it is easier to put on than a think suit, plus it gives you a lot of variety for different conditions.

Thanks, trig (what? Are you a math nut or something? 1+1=11, right? see, me too!).

Up here in Ohio, if you get below 20 feet, you need the extra insulation. If I didn't have my 7-6-5 (7 mil in the torso, 6 mil in the upper arms/upper legs, 5 mil in the lower arms/lower legs) semi-dry (plus full hood or beanie and gloves), I wouldn't dive. I'm going to Hawaii next month and I'm taking my full 3 mil plus my 3 mil shortie just in case I want to wear them both together (which is still easier than pulling on my 7-6-5 :) ). I'm a water wimp.

Some people can dive up here in a 5 or 3 mil, but not me!

I bought a skin and that seems to really help. I still have to do some tugging, grunting and complaining... but it goes on a lot better. I can get the knee pads about an inch or two higher- so that they are actually knee pads instead of shin guards. Ha ha. Man, I'm so funny.

Well, thanks. Have a nice day in Florida!

T.G.

trigfunctions:
That's what my girlfriend uses and it seems like it is easier to put on than a think suit

Hahaha.... I'd need a "think suit" too, if I were doing trig functions (math)!

Sorry, trig...

I saw that, then your user name... and I had to take the stab! I know... I'm a bad, bad person. LOL :wink:

You can see why I like math better than spelling!

erparamedic:
Hahaha.... I'd need a "think suit" too, if I were doing trig functions (math)!

Sorry, trig...

I saw that, then your user name... and I had to take the stab! I know... I'm a bad, bad person. LOL :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom