It's Torture, I tell ya...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trucker girl:
..snip..
Anyway- I just used the plastic grocery bags and I had to cut one in half for my feet or it got stuck... BTW Cheddarchick... I'm still waiting for pictures!

I ended up ripping the stuck bag apart and had to start from scratch.
..snip..

I found that normal common plastic grocery bags are generally too weak.
If you can get something thicker (more up-market or industrial?) it will work better and last longer. Trim the bag with scissors so it just covers your hand or foot and comes to your wrist or ankle. If you start with a large bag just cut two triangle shapes out of the bottom corners.

ItsBruce:
Have I said welcome to SB? If not, then welcome to SB. You seem to fit right in.

Thank you for the welcome. As far as the fitting in part goes... I'm not so sure that's a compliment :eyebrow: but thank you anyway!

Fitting in on the board vs. fitting in my wetsuit. Which one is easier?

trucker girl:
Now THIS is a man who is completely comfortable with himself!

But... I hate wearing panyhose under a skirt or dress... I'm certainly NOT going to wear it to go diving...:D :D :D

Do you have any pictures? I think I need proof before I believe THIS method works!

Many of us old guys used the pantyhose method, the old heavy neoprene had no glide, and plastic grocery bags had not been invented....

Surelyshirly:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=1895097&postcount=102

the above thread describes what happens when you dont get some help, below is the best advice I have gotten from ScubaBoard yet.

The 50/50 hair conditioner trick was given to me by a scubaboard member and I would kiss him if I ever ran into him.

I put it into a spray bottle and spray either the inside of the legs of my suit or my legs and a brandy new 7ml wetsuit that I had to buy cause I couldn't get out of it in the shop slides on like a dream. Then a squirt on each arm and they are in and I am off.

I use an entire spray bottle of the stuff just about every dive day cause everyone else in the group grabs it and uses it too. Even when "they dont really need it but..."

Cheryl

ROFLMAO!! Excellent story in the link Cheryl! Especially the boob orientation part.
A few years ago in Key West, my designated buddy was a rather well endowed lady from Chicago, and she was struggling furiously to get into her rented wetsuit. After a few minutes of quiet hilarity, she finally got the thing on, almost. She just could not get that last foot of zipper to close around her ampleness. She looked at me with that look that said, "Well, are ya gonna help me out here or not?" So being the fine gentleman I generally try to be, I finally took matters into my own hands, and helped stuff them in and closed the zipper.
Good times!

Oh, and welcome Trucker girl!

I also hate the neoprene. I have a 7mm and a 3mm and will suffer with the 3mm when I should be in the 7mm just because of how much I hate putting it on. I also hate hoods.

I was going to suggest the panty hose thing, but lots of people already beat me to it.

fishoutawater:
After a few minutes of quiet hilarity, she finally got the thing on, almost. She just could not get that last foot of zipper to close around her ampleness. She looked at me with that look that said, "Well, are ya gonna help me out here or not?" So being the fine gentleman I generally try to be, I finally took matters into my own hands, and helped stuff them in and closed the zipper.
Good times!

:lol: That's too funny..... I'll tell ya, from personal experience, those twins can cause alot of trouble in a wetsuit! Wetsuits need to be made with "pooches" in the chest.... some larger than others. :wink:

I was putting my heavy wetsuit on last weekend for the first time in quite a while in Ohio. It normally slides right over my feet and ankles but this time I was struggling and sweating and my giggling students were staying out of smacking range. Two minutes into the ordeal I realized I had forgotten to put my skin on :doh: One giggling student was brave enough to get into smacking range and help me pull the darn thing off. I donned the skin and the suit slid on the way it's supposed to :D I definitely recommend getting a skin. If you're not sure if it will work you can go to your local dive shop and try on a skin and then try putting a 7mm suit over it, that way if it doesn't help you haven't already bought a suit. I want to get a skin with a fleece lining since I too am always cold, especially in warm water climates. The fleece gives you more insulation with very little bulk.
Ber :lilbunny:

:mil-pow-mia: Yes get a skin,Aeroskin is a good one.

I went to my LDS today- Dive Guy Scuba in Bradford Ohio- and talked to him about it. He suggested using the panty hose if I didn't want to buy a skin. I will probably bite the bullet and buy the danged skin... it's just after all the money I've spent on my gear, I was hoping to be done! He doesn't stock skins, but I have been fairly easy to size thus far.

I, for one, do not have the ample problem some women have when donning their suits. At least, not ample in the normally preferred areas...

Now, in the ABnormally preferred areas- that's a different story!

I will be diving probably both Sunday and Monday and I will vary my wetsuit strategy among various types of bags, panty hose and conditioner... I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes!

And, no, I'm not taking a camera so poo on you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom