Ivy Lea campground / Rockport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sorry, but this discussion sounds to me like a licenced driver asking a group of strangers:

"Hey you guys, what are those red octagonal signs for? I just passed a bunch of them driving here, and was wondering...."

I have a hard time "forgiving" him for being new or anything like that. The question goes beyond that for me.

I'm sorry, but this discussion sounds to me like a licenced driver asking a group of strangers:

"Hey you guys, what are those red octagonal signs for? I just passed a bunch of them driving here, and was wondering...."

I have a hard time "forgiving" him for being new or anything like that. The question goes beyond that for me.

Diver Rick- I don't think any of the responses, including the one from his certifying agency, "forgive" him for anything. But he is a new diver, and as such "doesn't know what he doesn't know". It could be a lack of training, or a lack or comprehension on the diver's part. But the fact is he is a new diver and if we just bash new divers with questions, they are probably not going to learn anything and just stop asking. It is not a problem to let them know the errors in their thinking, but try to instruct, rather than the all too common "you need to quit diving until you get retrained". Those replies generally just get overlooked anyway. Just my 200 psi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom