IX3M TECH+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s my point. If it takes an hour to figure out how to change something on a simple divecomputer where you really can’t change anything significant in the first place you haven’t been exposed to a good user interface.

That is NOT what I said!!! It did NOT take me an hour to figure it out, I played with it for a hour when I received it is what I said! It was a new toy and I was playing with it; changing settings, looking at the blender feature and changing the blends, playing with the compass, changing blends and seeing the NDL's change, setting different mixes and looking at the deco table, etc. It isn't a "simple" dive computer, the model I have is the top model that can do all types of recreational and technical diving including EANx, Trimix, ccr, etc.

Now after using it for few dives, I just check it quickly and change any setting I need to change for the dive and go diving. The screen is very readable even in very bright sun light, Libya's sun light, on the surface or underwater. I can also read the screen at any angle because of the special screen it has that would allow 150 degree reading angle. I have been using the GPS feature to mark my descent and ascent points when I am diving from shore and have to swim to descent points that can be as far away as 500 meters from shore and I love it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom