J-valve and DIN connector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nohappy

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Nowadays, our scuba tanks are using K-valve mostly. However, I'm wondering could I say that there is no J-valve with DIN connector? Only K-valve has DIN & A-clamp difference?

wow didn't know they ever made a j din

J valves are museum pieces.

Doesn't seem like it... If they are still available... Kind of like Conshelf xiv's

Jim...

Thanks guys,
I'm aware that we don't use that anymore, just wonder does it have DIN valve as well.

USCavlero.jpg

IIRC the J-valve is still an OSHA required piece for low visibility non-surface-supplied operations.

IIRC the J-valve is still an OSHA required piece for low visibility non-surface-supplied operations.
From the OSHA standard 29 CFR 1910.424:
A diver-carried reserve breathing gas supply shall be provided for each diver consisting of:
A manual reserve (J valve); or an independent reserve cylinder with a separate regulator or connected to the underwater breathing apparatus.
The valve of the reserve breathing gas supply shall be in the closed position prior to the dive.

NOTE: the above standard is for scuba diving, not surface-supplied or surface-tended, and there is no mention of visibility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom