jackass..the movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WJL once bubbled...
Exactly. Lay off the felines. Tying two cats together by their tails and slinging them over a clothesline is just cruel. Even talking about it might give someone improper thoughts. ...

...any cats hurt or killed during the production of this thread should be quick frozen and sent to O-ring, I understand he is still having trouble figuring out proper staging of his pets...

tinman once bubbled...

...any cats hurt or killed during the production of this thread should be quick frozen and sent to O-ring, I understand he is still having trouble figuring out proper staging of his pets...
...are we going to need another long non-diving related thread about proper feline rigging and deployment?

Are you using the closed circuit liftcat or the baffled, open bottom liftcat? That will help me formulate an answer..

Definitely baffled.

So where do you attach your line to your cat? I find a good knot with the tail does the trick for me.

Not much of a relief valve on the things though...

...most people don't understand these things the way I do and none of you are doing the types of things I do and cannot possibly comprehend the way I am doing them.

The tail is one option..see what you think of using the integrated claw system too though. They love string and #24 cave line isn't much different than glorified string. Sometimes they will hang on of their own accord and a knot is just superfluous.

On the dumping issue...yours probably still has a hairball that needs to be expelled before shooting. Either give it some of that hairball crap (available at your LDS) or give it some chest compressions until the obstruction is free.

I having been having some problems with my baffled liftcat, and I am hoping that some of the more experienced tech divers on this board can give me some advice.

I have a problem figuring out how much argon to squirt into the liftcat when I'm deeper than 60' because I have a hard time detecting when the cat becomes puffed up enough to be sufficiently bouyant. Should I just give it a little squirt or should I go ahead and give it a good blast, and let the relief valve take care of any overpressure as it ascends?

Also, I find it uncomfortable to stow the cat in the storage pack on the backplate. It's a little lumpy. Is it okay to clip it off to the rear d-ring instead?

...we don't want to confuse some of our farm animal friends that might be reading this thread.

I have a problem figuring out how much argon to squirt into the liftcat when I'm deeper than 60' because I have a hard time detecting when the cat becomes puffed up enough to be sufficiently bouyant. Should I just give it a little squirt or should I go ahead and give it a good blast, and let the relief valve take care of any overpressure as it ascends?
What are we talking here...Siamese? Shorthair? Persian? Longhair? The coat on your liftcat has a lot to do with how much gas to add to it in order to shoot it. How are you shooting argon into an open circuit baffled liftcat? Do you have a second stage on your argon reg or are you breathing argox? I hope you meant the closed circuit liftcat...argon in the oc baffled model is beyond the pale.

Also, I find it uncomfortable to stow the cat in the storage pack on the backplate. It's a little lumpy. Is it okay to clip it off to the rear d-ring instead?
Do you really want this thing trailing behind you where you can't keep an eye on it? Some liftcats, again depends on the breed and temperament, get really wiggy about being underwater (some even hate water). You may find that an unrestrained liftcat dragging behind you on your butt D-ring isn't the best idea to keep your drysuit from being shredded in the rump region. Do what you want though..

The UK people on techdiver/feline say that liftcats should be deployed wearing little helmets. I think this may be a good idea, because you could attach a little strobe light to the cat's helmet and then you'd have a great surface marker for night dives. I've also heard that the best practice is to shave off all the hair on your liftcat to avoid entanglement hazards. Should I let the hair grow back on mine?

The ultimate in bouyancy control is being able to stay nuetral when your stage rigged dog attacks your open baffle lift cat!

Mike

This reminds me of the time I tried to use the "coal mine canary" trick to monitor my gas on a wreck dive.
The actions of that canary would have got the Liftcat into a frenzy as well!

Maybe I'll just try the chest compressions. Or, maybe, if I pressurize with enough air that'll do the trick too... heh :)

Everyone...this is the funniest thing I have read online in a loooong time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom