Jackson Blue data request

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

corax

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am in the early phase of my master’s thesis: a characterization of Jackson Blue. My goal is to contribute to the knowledge base by pulling together the various works that have been done relating to geology, hydrology, biota, water quality, and exploration, resulting in a rounded characterization of the spring which can support and assist those working for the protection of the spring and springshed. In my research I have found a number of studies which look at each of these areas on a larger scope, but little which is focused on JB directly. I am looking for any and all information and leads, especially to published works and research, but open to all kinds of data.

Any and all feedback will be much appreciated!

Greetings corax I would try the North Florida Spring Alliance, Karst, NACD, NSS cave diving section, and I would call Ed at Cave Adventures {1-850-482-6016}.
These different channels might provide some leads.
I would also check on the CDF "Cave Divers Forum" there are quite a few divers who have researched JB.
I applaud your efforts and by all means bring springs into the spotlight as much as possible. Only through conservation and stewardship will the future of the springs be secured.

CamG Keep diving....Keep training....Keep learning!

Edd Sorenson is a good one to contact. The USGS does monitor the spring and should have information as well.

Thank you for your replies. I am following those leads and have reached out on CDF concurrent with this post. Any other leads, thoughts, or recollections of articles and info that anyone else comes up with will also be appreciated!

Talk to Bill Huth, he's on several of the forums(not sure about SB), but I don't recall his username off the top of my head.

He has water sampling gear all over the Mill Pond and can help you out on lots of information prolly.

Talk to Bill Huth, he's on several of the forums(not sure about SB), but I don't recall his username off the top of my head.

He has water sampling gear all over the Mill Pond and can help you out on lots of information prolly.
He's wingman over on cdf, amaze on tds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom