Japanese whaling fleet sails again,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ugh, comercial fishing and whaling is destroying the oceans. The problem is that we're plucking all these animals from their natural environment in factory style fashions, unlike a slaughter house where animals are bred to keep up with the demand of the meat. We have no way of controlling the populations of harvested fish. Aquaculture is nowhere near what it needs to be. I think in a perfect world comercial fishing will be replaced with contained fish farms and the oceans would prosper and flourish. We need a source of fish which is self contained and does not draw from the natural environment. Our species is really screwing up the equilibrium of our planet.

maybe another bomb over japan might stop whaling btu what then ? they gonna stop eating stuff fcrom the sea? i dont see anyone screaming over the urchins they consume? thats the closest i could come to a japanese smiley

Yes. Sea shepard is a great organization. The exposure of dolphin killings in Japan is amazing. Two people were actually arrested for opening a pen with baby dolphins in it that were to be slaughtered. Greenpeace is also great. They have an online petition that you can sign also.

What about a boycot on Japanese scuba products, manufactured here or abroad...may not be much , but might get some attention...see ya` under

track the money

the whaling industry supports politicians, who in turn return the investment
1,000 fold in public subsidies. it's big money. the whaling industry is not going
to give that up without a huge fight.

Hard to believe there is that much money in whaling. I would think the politcal clout gained by not supporting whaling would be worth eponentially more in good will alone. ..know who sells their votes. curious..where did "1000 fold" come from? I don't doubt you but I do not understand this part very well.

Young people don't eat whale because their chances to do so have been stolen from them,"

(from article) :icon_roll ...so get over it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom