JAX Dry Dock late June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Count me in.

Coincidently, I did finally get a response from Capt Dan. The quoted price was for a day trip only (approx 9 hrs). He bills his time at $125/hr, I don't even want to think about how much extra an overnight trip would be.

How many tanks is this?

Miranda

We'll be on the "G" site (80' if we bring shovels) for about five hours so we should be able to get in three 50 to 60 minute long dives with an hour SI between them. It's up the individual really though, they aren't going to hold our hand and expect us to have a dive plan and dive that plan.

I can make that.

Count me in.

Two other local divers on our night dive last night heard Tim and I talking about it and they'd like to get in as well. I think this trip is full :wink:

I'm looking at this first trip as the first of many dives I want to do in this area :)

Last edited:
Do we each need to contact S. Georgia Dive Charters directly with our info/CC numbers to hold the reservation?

No, I went ahead and reserved the boat with my CC. I will ask Howard to set it up here on the reservations server here though and you'll pay there. That protects me from no-shows like the four I had at the manatee trip I put together in January here on SB.

Do you have a link to the charter company?

Is "Reef G" now "Reef HLHA"? I looked through the PDF you linked but couldn't find a Reef G.

No, I went ahead and reserved the boat with my CC. I will ask Howard to set it up here on the reservations server here though and you'll pay there. That protects me from no-shows like the four I had at the manatee trip I put together in January here on SB.

PM me when that is set up. I'll be in the keys the week of 7 - 14 of June and may not have Internet access. I think my place has it but you know how those things go.

On another note, while in the dive shop the other day I asked about any boats going out and there just happened to be a guy in there who owns a boat who had just gone out to the drydocks the day before. He said he could take 4 divers (3 tanks apiece) and all we had to do was pay for gas ($100 per). He can go on any day, just give him a call. Seemed like a nice enough fellow and a number of divers in the shop at the time have gone out on his boat.

Just something to think about.

On another note, while in the dive shop the other day I asked about any boats going out and there just happened to be a guy in there who owns a boat who had just gone out to the drydocks the day before. He said he could take 4 divers (3 tanks apiece) and all we had to do was pay for gas ($100 per). He can go on any day, just give him a call. Seemed like a nice enough fellow and a number of divers in the shop at the time have gone out on his boat.

Just something to think about.

Ok, thought about it...
How about a Sat. or Sun. in July?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom