Jay Stone- Blue Cheer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkynSea

Registered
Reaction score
Jay Stone passed this last Monday 8/16 of a heart attack while in Canada. He opened and ran "Blue Cheer" a dive and surf shop in Santa Monica for years.

I had the opportunity to get to know Jay while working at Blue Cheer briefly during college. He was a generous soul and a kind man. Via Blue Cheer he introduced a lot of people to the wonderful world of the Pacific Ocean. I'm going to miss him.

Drew

This is trully sad news. I did my OW through Blue Cheer and frequently visited the shop when my kid was in school near by it. Jay was a good guy and always went the extra mile to be helpful. He will be missed.

I met Jay back in 2001 and frequented Blue Cheer on many occasions prior to making the big jump to Oahu. He even let me test my first camera housing in his pool!!
Jay was a great guy and a good friend. I wish I had stayed in touch more to let him know how all was going with my videography endeavor.
He will be missed!
My condolences to Drew and the rest of his family!

Just found this sad news out now. Jay got me my ticket with SSI in 1984. A lovely bloke, and I always thought we'd meet up for a beer again...RIP Jay......:(

RIP Jay. I used to work with Jay @ Blue Cheer back in 2004. He's the one who got me started diving. I saw the shop was gone the last time I was back to Santa Monica, but I had just figured that he moved back to HI or something. He will definitely be missed.

So very sorry to hear this news about Jay. I met Jay thru SSI many years ago and alway found him to be most kind and helpful.. I know he will be missed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom