Jeanne II on May 4th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deltat

Registered
Reaction score
I think I might try and start diving early this year if at all possible. I might want to start off with this since I love the leisure Sunday's on the Jeanne (leaving at 10AM rules!)

The wreck is the Iberia in 60ft.

Any idea of the temp at 60 ft? I'm trying to find out if it's possible to dive it wet with a 7mm farmer john and jacket.

I think I might try and start diving early this year if at all possible. I might want to start off with this since I love the leisure Sunday's on the Jeanne (leaving at 10AM rules!)

The wreck is the Iberia in 60ft.

Any idea of the temp at 60 ft? I'm trying to find out if it's possible to dive it wet with a 7mm farmer john and jacket.

temp most likely will be around 50/52 degrees...too cold for me in a wet suit..ok dry..what is Bill charging this year for "leisure Sundays"? had a report from a customer on Howards boat(eagle nest) that its hit the $150. mark...they went to the San Diego..too expensive for me,I'll stick to my boat on the sound and fly at times to go dive..

I would have to guess between 44-47 degrees. I would be suprised if we hit 50 degrees in a week or so. It was 41 degrees last week. If i make it out tonight I will report back an updated temp.

temp most likely will be around 50/52 degrees...too cold for me in a wet suit..ok dry..what is Bill charging this year for "leisure Sundays"? had a report from a customer on Howards boat(eagle nest) that its hit the $150. mark...they went to the San Diego..too expensive for me,I'll stick to my boat on the sound and fly at times to go dive..

Looks to be $95 according to their website, although I'm not sure if that's accurate since I think I was paying $95 last summer.

deltat, I'm in a similar situation and would be interested in joining you on Jeanne when it gets warm enough for a 7mm. let me know if you are looking for a buddy.

I actually am looking for a buddy. Sometimes I dive with up to three other people, but I'm always looking for more dive buddies.

I do dive single tank w/ a Pony currently so if you dive doubles it won't work well. Have you dove off the Jeanne II before?

I know you are not asking me if I dove the Jeanne II before but I am going to chime in here anyways. My husband and I took the day trip out to the Coney Island Tanker ( depths about 100-130 feet top to bottom) about two years ago in October 2005. It was the warmest waters they had seen in a along time since there had been few hurricanes that year that drove some warmer water up that way. Water temp was 60 degrees. We only brought our two piece 5MM suits with hoods and gloves. We also had to rent tanks since we are from Texas. We were the only people diving single tanks in wetsuits. Everyone else dove dry and doubles, plus extra tanks for deco. It was about a 2.5 hour ride out there and then a 3 hour dive time and then 2.5 ride back. Briefing was minimal. It was a great day, boat was older but it did the job. Lunch was a big old Filet mignon ( no kidding) cooked on a makeshift BBQ pit off the back and then cut up and served so you could eat it with your fingers. My father went along ( he was 71 at the time) and he hung out with capt. Bill , had a few Budweisers, ate some steak, and had a great time watching us dive and we talked all the way back. Stellar day.

I know you are not asking me if I dove the Jeanne II before but I am going to chime in here anyways. My husband and I took the day trip out to the Coney Island Tanker ( depths about 100-130 feet top to bottom) about two years ago in October 2005. It was the warmest waters they had seen in a along time since there had been few hurricanes that year that drove some warmer water up that way. Water temp was 60 degrees. We only brought our two piece 5MM suits with hoods and gloves. We also had to rent tanks since we are from Texas. We were the only people diving single tanks in wetsuits. Everyone else dove dry and doubles, plus extra tanks for deco. It was about a 2.5 hour ride out there and then a 3 hour dive time and then 2.5 ride back. Briefing was minimal. It was a great day, boat was older but it did the job. Lunch was a big old Filet mignon ( no kidding) cooked on a makeshift BBQ pit off the back and then cut up and served so you could eat it with your fingers. My father went along ( he was 71 at the time) and he hung out with capt. Bill , had a few Budweisers, ate some steak, and had a great time watching us dive and we talked all the way back. Stellar day.

I should have mentioned that I dove off the Jeanne II several times. Never did get filet mignon, although they always cook fantastic BBQ between dives.

I keep coming back because the crew is fantastic. There are usually only a few divers with single tanks and wetsuits, most guys on the boat are doubles tech divers.

If anyone is going on the 4th or interested in going on the 4th, let me know. The wreck is 60' to the floor so a good wreck for single tank.

I actually am looking for a buddy. Sometimes I dive with up to three other people, but I'm always looking for more dive buddies.

I do dive single tank w/ a Pony currently so if you dive doubles it won't work well. Have you dove off the Jeanne II before?

Hey Deltat,
I've only used single tanks, so that's good. My problem is that I tend to use air quickly. Is the boat ok with people ascending alone? Out of my 40 dives, probably 25 of them I've ascended alone so I'm fine with doing that. I hate to make someone come up early because of my air addiction. I have never been on a boat in NY before. Oh, and I've never used a pony either. So that will be a new experience as well. When are you thinking of going?
laurie

I just missed a chance to do dutch springs this morning and I'd be happy to join you. I dive dubs but couldn't care less that you use singles, for me just means not having to change tanks between dives :wink: Let me know if you haven't found anyone yet.
Cheers

I should have mentioned that I dove off the Jeanne II several times. Never did get filet mignon, although they always cook fantastic BBQ between dives.

I keep coming back because the crew is fantastic. There are usually only a few divers with single tanks and wetsuits, most guys on the boat are doubles tech divers.

If anyone is going on the 4th or interested in going on the 4th, let me know. The wreck is 60' to the floor so a good wreck for single tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom