Jetstream questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

randytay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi, I basically have 3 questions. I apologize in advance if they have been asked before:

1. Is the updated version, the Jetstream MK3 essentially the old Jetstream 2nd stage paired with the Xstream first stage?

2. Can this combo, or the older Jetstream setup be used with the Atomic SS1 as an octo?

3. Can the Jetstream 2nd stage be paired with a first stage from another manufacturer? If so, what should I look out for?

Thank you very much!

Dear Randytay

My name is Jörgen Nilsson and I'm the quality manager of Poseidon Diving, Sweden.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, it's the good old Jetstream 2nd stage attached to a Xstream 1st stage.
2. As long as the Atomic SS1 octo works at the same intermediate pressure as the Jetstream 2nd stage, it should work. But it's not a combination that has been tested or CE approved by Poseidon.
3. If the other manufacturer 1st stage is set to work at provideing the intermediate pressure the Jetstream 2nd stage require, it should work. Again, this is not something that we test or certify the regulators on.

Best regards

Jörgen Nilsson
Q

Thank you very much for your answer.

Regarding the intermediate pressure:

I am having conflicting information from 2 Poseidon technicians, can you please clarify the following:

1. What is the IP at the first stage (xStream).

2. I was told by one of the technician at Poseidon that the JetStream 2nd stage cannot handle an IP of more than 123-130 psi, please clarify.

3. If I had a first stage from another manufacturer that has an IP of 145psi, can I use the JetStream 2nd stage?

4. Did Poseidon ever made the 1st stage in a yoke mount? One technician showed me an "old model" yoke mount and claimed it was made by Poseidon but another technician claimed Poseidon NEVER make a yoke mount.

Thank you in advance!

1. The Xstream is set to an IP of 8,5 bar (123 psi) @max tank pressure.

2. Both the Xstream andf Jetstream can handle pressure of up to 10 bar (145 psi) but I would not go higher then that.

3. As per above, 145 psi is the upper limit. More then that over a period of time can cause damages to the Jetstream & Xstream 2nd stage.

4. Yes, we have made 1st stages with a fixed yoke. And we still do as a matter of fact. But it's the "old" 1st stage, the one that we today deliver with the Cyklon 5000 1st stage. It can be ordered with a fixed yoke. The Xstream 1st stage, how ever, doesn't come with a fixed yoke. You would have to use a yoke adapter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom