Jettyfest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was 55 degree water at surface and at depth. Vis was decent in the channel but you couldn't see anything on the gulf side. We saw some really big grouper, schools of sheepshead, pinfish, and redfish. Saw 1 Blue angel and some arrowcrabs as well!

We also got to hangout with Pat Green at Panama City Dive Charters... Very nice and knowledgeable guy! Panama City is lucky to have such a great dive shop/charter own! He was even nice enough to provide free air fills for Jetty Fest :)

n6j5q.jpg

YingYang, DocCarl, sontek, and JBM

4sXwb.jpg

DocCarl rocking the pink tank and split fins... don't worry we made sure he kept his distance so no one knew he was with us.

pCVuO.jpg

The kiddie pool has collected a lot of sand which makes it look like water levels are low.

X2 For Pat at PC Dive Charters. If you're in the neighborhood, definitely stop by and say hello.

Two good dives today! Most of the local jetty residents have headed south for the winter, but I'm sure I saw the large school of redfish this summer. I did find one lone horseshoe crab as we were coming in on the gulf side from dive #2, but the viz was so bad I didn't bother trying to point him out to anyone.

Had much better conditions on the channel side for both dives: I'd go along with YingYang's estimate of 10'-15'. Most of the grouper were hanging out in holes on the bottom. We did see a couple of tripletail, and I was impressed with the solitary Blue Angel that decided to tough out the cold. As usual, there was a ton of stuff if you got your nose down to the rocks: More sea stars than I've ever seen out there, too!

Looks like we're going to head out for one or two more tomorrow!

Carl

I guess not- - that IS one good looking anemone!

YingYang, good job on cleaning up some of those pics! I wasn't expecting anything that good at all!

Carl

Indeed that's one good looking anemone. lol

I somewhat tried with the ones that wasn't unfocused and tons of white dots.

Kevin

Please forgive the unsolicited advice and feel free to call me names but.......

182450_10150134017511967_774746966_7820223_6298582_n.jpg

I noticed your compass right next to your light. I'm not familiar with that light, so I don't know what type of shielding it has, but I've had a problem in the past with batteries throwing off my compass readings. You may want to do some testing in controlled conditions to make sure everything's kosher before relying on your compass for navigation.

Ferrous metal is no good either. Pass a stainless bolt snap or double-ender next to a compass, and you can see the card move a bit.

Hetland, your suggestion for heading north instead of south was spot on!! After you hit the shelf drop off (goes from 10-15 to 20-40), it is amazing and swarming with fish!! I'll be heading north instead of south my next time out to St.Andrews.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom