Jimbo's Reef.....2nd trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrjimboalaska

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What a day on the water,
First Dive to the Pinnacles, whales breaching around the boats, whale song the whole dive, and about 5 out of the 10 of us saw the whale swim between the anchor LIne and the top of the reef. VBlue was one, I unfortunately had my sites on Dinner..
Second dive to Jimbo's Reef, was able to do some more exploring, some cool small walls and different topography and sealife. Saw lots of juvenile Bugs, short maybe 6" long with white and blue tails. Still have some ground to cover at this site to see it all.
VIs was not all that great today at maybe 40-50 ft.
Love the whales this time of year.................tomarrow, the Diner and Seamount!

We didn't see a single one. Im diving tomorrow, I hope, somewhere. I need to get wet. Spending all my time on the boat. OK I did get wet that once when the life line came loose but that dosn't count.

yeah.. seen tons o' whales above the water..
this was my first under the water :D
i was at my 50% stop, level at 40fsw.. when all the sudden the whale song stopped :huh:
then this giant shadow approached doing a dolphin-kick (whale-kick really)
as it got closer i realized it was a big whale with an equally big tail.. whoah! :11:

this was after seeing a bunch of whales and dolphins on top of the water..
then hearing whale-song and dophins during most the dive..

(btw.. i wonder if the whales stopped singing because they knew they were approaching us.. and didn't want to blast us out with their reverberating sounds..
hmm.. very considerate)

it was a good day to dive :)

How very cool! I spent an entire dive just floating and enjoying there music off the BI a year ot two ago.

Back
Top Bottom