JJ CCR canister dimensions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

211ratsbud

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi all, I have a few people helping me when they can but I reached out via Private Message, so the reach was very limited to those intended recipients. I have faith in their returned answers when available, but getting a couple extra confirmations would be great and here I am.

I have manual head made by tecme on a Meg can now and due to some simple limitations on tank mounting and head retention Id like to consider using a JJ can for this project and have a blank head cut to fit.

What I would like to know with a reasonable level of precision and accuracy is the inside diameter of the canister where the head o-rings rest. Then I'd need to know the depth from the lower o-ring on the head to the floor of the plenum. Fairly easy, but I am summoning information hopefully down to the 16th of and inch or less to see if it's worth grabbing a can.

This is just meant as a feeler to see if what I want to do can be done, if it math's out ok, I'll buy a can.

Alternatively, if I paid freight and someone would lend me their canister for maybe a couple weeks turn arounnd time that would be reasonable too but I don't expect that by any means.

The kind folk at JJ CCR group on fb deleted/declined my inquiry as expected 😂

Thank you!

How are you going to make the can and are you going to fit the tecme head into a JJ can?

If you're looking to build a mCCR JJ, it would probably the easiest to just buy an old pre 2014 JJ and modify that one instead of modifying a head that's been made for a meg. The analogue JJ go for pretty cheap these days on fb. Just an idea.

How are you going to make the can and are you going to fit the tecme head into a JJ can?

If you're looking to build a mCCR JJ, it would probably the easiest to just buy an old pre 2014 JJ and modify that one instead of modifying a head that's been made for a meg. The analogue JJ go for pretty cheap these days on fb. Just an idea.
I have all that under control, it will be a new build.

Just need dimensions to see if what I do want to do can be done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom