Jotron AQ4 parts needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Wondering if anyone can help me. I have the above strobe but the end cap has split. I contacted Jotron and they put me in touch with Jotron Japan who advised they don't stock parts but for a price more than I originally paid they will sell me a new one, nice.

I re contacted Jotron head office and they never replied, so after three emails I gave up.

I'm looking for the end cap and the compression O ring, if I can't find it'll go in the bin I guess which is a little dissspointing given it's otherwise in as new condition, I think it's been used less anout 3-4 times.

Jotrons customer service sucks and based on my experience I'd have difficulty recommending them.

Anyway, any help would be most appreciated.

Another thought, if I can't get the parts I need I'm happy to send the body to anyone who currently owns this strobe so they can have a spare, it's fully functional, id only ask shipping costs.

Cheers.

F72D8835-24DC-4065-809B-17400D46D3F1.jpeg
06467B8D-9628-4BFD-B31B-39667516600B.jpeg

Last edited:
One alternative is to get one CNC machined up out of marine grade aluminium (5052 6061 6063) and anodised.
If lots of them have cracked, then maybe the costs of a small run could be offset via eBay?

I'll see how many people post on this thread. Language, or lack of, prevents me from doing that here.

Mods, can you please move this into the "light" thread. Thank you.

i have a front light UK 4 unused, not sure about the thread your strobe is, but with some luck, could work. ( see pics)

Attachments

• PICT0019.JPG
    PICT0019.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 79
  • PICT0018.JPG
    PICT0018.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 154
  • PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 73
CA glue (super glue)? They changed to the MK-2 model, and I wonder if the cap is now different.... sucks!

Wondering if anyone can help me. I have the above strobe but the end cap has split. I contacted Jotron and they put me in touch with Jotron Japan who advised they don't stock parts but for a price more than I originally paid they will sell me a new one, nice.

I re contacted Jotron head office and they never replied, so after three emails I gave up.

I'm looking for the end cap and the compression O ring, if I can't find it'll go in the bin I guess which is a little dissspointing given it's otherwise in as new condition, I think it's been used less anout 3-4 times.

Jotrons customer service sucks and based on my experience I'd have difficulty recommending them.

Anyway, any help would be most appreciated.

Another thought, if I can't get the parts I need I'm happy to send the body to anyone who currently owns this strobe so they can have a spare, it's fully functional, id only ask shipping costs.

Cheers.

View attachment 447839 View attachment 447840

I snapped off the clear lens piece on a boat yesterday. Only then realized it is clipped into place - with an O ring. Otherwise it works - you can have it for parts. Alternatively, I could cannibalize yours to fix mine!

I snapped off the clear lens piece on a boat yesterday. Only then realized it is clipped into place - with an O ring. Otherwise it works - you can have it for parts. Alternatively, I could cannibalize yours to fix mine!

Hmm...now we have a dilemma...who gets to get theirs working again...

I'm honest, we could do a coin toss if you agree and who ever wins gets to bring their strobe back to life again, let me know. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom