JUE featured in todays issue of the Japan Times

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree iflylow. Black will win in the long run.

Black is no problem but... Diving is fun so why look like para military under the sea. Put on some color and have fun. It may be a good ice breaker on the surface.

It's a good job Japan is a safe country but in some of the dodgier parts of the world it would be so easy to "walk off" with someone's gear if it looks all the same...

What's wrong with a bit of individuality - even if only in colour!

Anyway enough of that BS - can easily go to other places for that kind of trolling!!

Great article - how about something in the Japanese press other than gear adverts?

learningday:
Black is no problem but... Diving is fun so why look like para military under the sea. Put on some color and have fun. It may be a good ice breaker on the surface.

We have fun in black ;-) If you dive with us you would know...

Yes, Alice did a good job for usual people and summer only divers.

But If you want to succeed, you have to look at things open-mindedly because more than half divers are females who prefer bright colours here in Japan.
Why they are doing scuba? Off course, it must be in a fashion now like brandname goods and Japan is a special wealthy country caused by pseudo currency exchange rates of YEN.

In fact,I myself like black coloured stuffs as well since black is ultimate fashionable colour and usual divers could think that those who are skilled divers(LOL) but it will be sometimes wrong choice in bad visibility. It's major reason that I am using bright-coloured fins not to lose a buddy. I would claim we can have a opportunity to select colours other than a black.

Anyway someone, please let me know recent true average visibility in Izu

Enough about colors... Thanks for your advice Nori. Always wise words from you.

True vis in Kumomi was 20 meters. I could easily see other divers black fins 20 meters away. Not kidding. Atami is about 15 m, Osezaki last weekend 18 m. Last year in January we saw chinsen from the surface on one dive. When we were at the middle part of the first section we could already see the other side so 30-35 m vis. But that never happened again for me.

(Note: I am not going to compete with SAS/Gull and the pika-pika coconut dive shops.)

You can see my 18 watt better than any gay bright fin or wet suit, plus we practice buddy awareness.

dcpac:
You can see my 18 watt better than any gay bright fin or wet suit, plus we practice buddy awareness.

easy easy :wink:

Oh Yes! And with stagetanks and scooters you look like a nuclear sub, making it totally impossible for the teammembers to loose each other....

Btw, how is your Olla-campaign at the base going? *S*

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom