Juliet Bahamas Columbus Day 5-day Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dflaher: The sharks were awesome :)

They have 5, 7 and 10 day trips. Most trips are 7 days I believe.

I'm not sure what you mean by "guaranteed" 3 dives/day. The plan was certainly to dive three times a day plus a night dive (there were fewer dives on the last day) and I can't imagine that would change unless there as inclement weather or something else beyond their control that prevented diving. I think that one of the main reasons they do four dives per day rather than five is that their compressor can only fill tanks at a certain rate. According to Chris five dives a day are possible, but would require sticking to a relatively strict schedule. If you really want to get as many dives per day in as possible I'd recommend calling them. If a charter group wanted a heavier dive schedule I have a hard time believing the Juliet wouldn't accommodate them. For an individual diver I'm not as certain.

I've been on Juliet 3 times in the past 5 years and, conditions permitting, they will let you dive until you're waterlogged. I was on the boat in June and I wasn't aware of any compressor limitations. The nitrox was a plentiful and consistent 32% all week.

I can't believe they got rid of the lilypad!

Hi ppatin,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review.I saw this Liveaboard on Facebook and was considering a trip on it.Now i'm sold for next year! :)

Hi Pascal - thanks for the great review! We really appreciate it. And in response to your lousy beer selection - we know, but it's hard to make everyone happy. In the future if you have a specific request we can do our best to accommodate it! As long as it can come in a can, and we can find it in South Florida (or wherever we happen to be!) we'll try to get it for you. Otherwise we just stick with the basics, its hard to find room on a boat for lots of varieties of beers (though lately we've had a stock of Yueng Ling on board which I certainly love!).

Hope to see you on board again soon!
Kat and the crew of Julet

One thing I did not understand, if people came to dive, why majority decided not to do the last dive? Seems like the group was not made with divers at heart.

Back
Top Bottom