Juliet sailing for first liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TLG James

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm considering booking a cabin for 2 for Juliet's Sailing and Diving for 2017. I like the fact that it departs out of Miami, as I can spend a few days there afterwards and check out the everglades.

Does anyone have an opinion on them?

I did my very 1st liveaboard trip with JULIET/Bahamas and had a Great time! (admittedly that was like 10 yrs ago so don't know if anything has changed since then, but I'll bet it's still a fine trip these days.)

Hi TLG James,
I won't offer my (obviously biased) opinion here other than to say we'd love to have you! I did want to let you know, if you use Facebook at all, you can ask to join the group Friends of Juliet which is where lots of our current, former, and future customers talk about their trips and welcome new or potential folks aboard. You can ask any questions you like there and get some honest answers. I'm also happy to answer questions when and if you decide to join us.
Look forward to chatting and hopefully diving with you!
Kat

I dove the Juliet last summer, and we rebooked it again for this July. Wonderful boat, great crew, and top notch diving. The best thing is hearing the cook from the forward hatchway saying " good morning, your breakfast is ready!" :)
Seriously, it's eat, dive, sleep. The marine biologist onboard will give you tips of what to look for, and can do mini classes between dives.
The boat travels at night. You wake up on the dive site, breakfast and morning dive. Surface interval and lunch, the boat moves to a new site. Afternoon dive, dinner, and then twilight or night dive on the same site.

Book it, you won't be sorry!

I've done multiple trips on Juliet and they've always exceeded my expectations.

The Juliet was my first lob and I really enjoyed it. The crew was great and treated you like family and would do whatever necessary to make you happy.

The diving was great and we only saw other boats in passing(didn't share a single dive sight). I would definitely dive with them again.

I've been aboard with them 8 times over the past 10 years -- most recently in April. It's a round bottom schooner, so it will do some rockin' and rollin' during transit but everyone adjusts after a few hours. Juliet typically moors in a sheltered location for diving, meals and sleeping.

They tend to stay off the beaten path when practicable, so the diving will be of a higher quality than anything land-based. The only day you won't enjoy will the the one when you step back onto shore in Miami.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom