July 4th Panama City FL. Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gentlegiant

Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone,

I just spoke to Hydrospace about an 8 hour (2, maybe 3 tanks) trip July 4th weekend. They have a slot open and all we need is 6 divers signed up to book the boat. The cost would be $88/person for the boat or $143/person if we dive the Empire Mica. This trip could be to the Mica or a couple of offshore wrecks that sit in the 95-115ft range. The price does not include tanks or fills. Please go to http://www.hydrospace.com for more pricing info.

My wife and I are trying to coordinate this so we can avoid some of the other dive shops that jack up the prices of these trips. There is no overhead charge and we will provide lunch and snacks for everyone (free).

btw if there is sufficient interest, we will already be staying through Sunday (July 4 falls on a Friday), and we will be happy to get group trips set up for Sat & Sun as well.

We are hoping to get to dive the Grey Ghost, the Akakki (i have no idea how to spell that one and ain't looking it up :wink: ), and a few others we haven't managed to hit yet.

Good luck with Hydrospace. I dove them twice last week, and they dictate the length of their dives... I.e. they told us how long we could stay down: 30 first dive, 45 minute SI, 25 minute second dive.
I'd try Diver's Den.

Hydrospace tends to do that on the 4 hour trips so they can stay on schedule, it also depends on the captain and crew. If you book the boat for 6, 8 or 12 hours then things are much more relaxed and the time limits go away. If the captain and crew know you and do not have a full boat they will tend to be more liberal, even on the short trips. We typically only hear that speach on busy Sundays or when they are running 1 boat on 3 4 hour trips.

We only have a week left to book the boat. As we said before we need at least 6 divers who want to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom