Jumping back in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jenlaur

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I keep getting this notice that I haven't posted in several weeks....it's really more like 3 years! So here goes....My husband and I have been out of the world of diving for almost 3 years due to the tanking economy. We are getting ready for a trip to the Keys and want to dive while we are there. We have each logged only about 30 dives. That and the fact that it has been so long we decided that we could use a refresher. We became friends with our diving instructor and he has graciously offered to come over and give us a refresher in our pool. Then we are going to West Palm with him the following weekend.

I feel like I am learning from scratch. Good thing I saved the book from class. We took our equipment in to have it serviced since it has been so long.

We are very excited to be back in the world of diving and are very grateful to this message board for it's wealth of information!

Enjoy the experience all over again! You should have a blast
If it is possible while you are in WPB plan a couple of "tune up" dives at the Blue Heron Bridge. It is very shallow and has incredible bio-diversity. Its not unusual for even novice divers to get 90 minute dives here.

Glad you were wise enough to do a refresher and have your gear serviced. It shows you are thinking and taking responsibility for your diving.

I frequently see divers at the bridge when we are heading out and coming back in. One day we may just stay and do the bridge. Since WPB is 2 hours away we usually make it a 4 dive day and it doesn't leave time for much else.

I count the BHB as one of the top shallow water dives on the east coast and it is well worth doing.
BTW..the dives there have been great the last few weeks with warmish water (77-79 down to about 80 feet) and viz around 60-70 ft.

Enjoy your adventures

Timing is everything at the bridge. Plan to be in the water at slack high tide for best viz. Also, during the week, you'll avoid the crowds and classes.

Have they opened the west side back up?

As of last Thursday the West side was still closed

Timing is everything at the bridge. Plan to be in the water at slack high tide for best viz. Also, during the week, you'll avoid the crowds and classes.

Have they opened the west side back up?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom