Jungle Bay Dominica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crux0724

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

I am interested in taking a trip to Dominica in November and was wondering if anybody has had any experience with Jungle Bay Resort? It looks delightful but is quite a bit more expensive than other places to stay on the island. I was hoping that I could get some input on the food, the guided hikes and diving accommodations. I chatted with them a bit and they said they use Nature Island Dive for their dive op and I've read nothing but great things about them. I would like a ballpark time on when I would get back to the resort from a dive trip.

Any/all other Dominica information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Timothy

Tim,

Not sure if this comes too late, but i can HIGHLY recommend Jungle Bay as an eco-resort... however, not the greatest base for diving IMO based on location. Jungle Bay is supremely well run; the food is great, hikes/tours awesome, tree houses super cool, morning yoga is a great touch, and you can tell the staff really cares about what they're doing. Diving is done from the western side of the island and JB is on the east, meaning a long drive. driving in dominica is certainly a bit of fun, but by no means convenient, so it's about 50 minutes each way to your dive shop. Certainly not impossible and we saw people doing it from jungle bay, however, our move was to do a few days at jungle bay and a few days in roseau to be closer to the diving and see another side of the island.

to echo the earlier post... go to dominica, it's one of my favorite places in the world.

Stayed @ Castle Comfort a few years back-----GREAT diving down toward Soufriere--...See my pics /videos from there, all have Dominica in the 10 album titles(listed on the left side of this page)...

GEAUXtiger's Library | Photobucket

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom