Junior OW group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sololady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is there one here on SB or does anyone know of a forum for Juniors to share their experiences with each other? My neice just finished her JOW and I'm looking for a safe group of e-mail buddies for her. If we had a forum for them here, we could be sure they stay safe.

I had similar concerns about youth safety. There may be a group that meets your needs. Send a PM to NetDoc and he can get back to you on the particulars.

Sorry, I don't think I said enough to share my concern.

I'm not concerned about her safety diving, she's fine with what she has learned and I am quite comfortable about her ability, growth and development.

I'm concerned about who she CHATS with via e-mail, etc. ABOUT diving. She LIVES on her cell phone and computer. Many kids do now. She lives on a farm in Oregon and I know she wants to share her experience with others her age.

What I am looking for is a forum for Juniors to share, learn and grow as divers within a good, healthy IT environment.

I'd rather them find it here where we can monitor than somewhere else.

Can we provide such a forum for them? I know there are enough Junior divers to make a group. Where would we rather have that group discussing diving?

If there is some hidden group where I need to inquire to get access for my neice...what good does that do? Actually, that's pretty frightening.

It needs to be a group of kids open to all who are JOWs, JAOWs and any kids who want to learn about diving. Then we, sponsoring certified adults (or SB monitors if they want to take it on) need to monitor what they are working out and make corrective adjustments and expainations as necessary.

Give it up younger and middle buddies. Take it from a senior: These juniors will define our diving futures eventually. They need our knowledge, support, encourgement and trust. And we need theirs. I think we need to make a little effort to bring them into the larger community which is sport diving. I dearly love this sport.

Deborah

Last edited:
My son's 12 and he's been diving for 2 years. He just completed his AOW course and I'm sure he would like to join in if a safe and monitored site was setup? I'll reply to this thread and keep in touch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom