"Jupiter Bridge" Shore Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigDaddy051570

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello:

I have a friend who just returned from FL and he raved about his shore dives on Jupiter Bridge near West Palm Beach. Unfortunately, when I looked at the discussions on here, I've seen claims that there is no good "shore diving" in Jupiter. There must be some miscommunication or something, since my friend just returned and said it was so excellent. I already know about Blue Heron, but my friend said he's seen bigger stuff at the Jupiter bridge, including a huge eagle ray and a rather large tiger shark.

Planning a trip back to FL in a couple months, so I'd love to be ready with the best shore dives in SE FL.

Hello:

I have a friend who just returned from FL and he raved about his shore dives on Jupiter Bridge near West Palm Beach. Unfortunately, when I looked at the discussions on here, I've seen claims that there is no good "shore diving" in Jupiter. There must be some miscommunication or something, since my friend just returned and said it was so excellent. I already know about Blue Heron, but my friend said he's seen bigger stuff at the Jupiter bridge, including a huge eagle ray and a rather large tiger shark.

Planning a trip back to FL in a couple months, so I'd love to be ready with the best shore dives in SE FL.

Hmmm he may have been mistaking the Blue Heron Bridge for the Jupiter Bridge? They are both in Palm Beach. They are about <15 minutes from each other... and The Blue Heron Bridge has been rated as one of the top shore dive sites in the country. Ask him if he went to Phil Foster Park... and if you're coming down here and looking for shore dives. There's no way you can leave without making this dive!! Check out a place called Scuba Works. They are in Jupiter Florida. They will give you written directions too all the dive sites in the area. As well as make reservations on The Blue Tang dive charter... which is a FANTASTIC boat and crew. AND if you do dive with them, request to dive The Tunnels!

edit: I guess my reading comprehension isn't what it used to be lol... didn't catch you mentioning Blue heron lol. But! either way, locally the BHB is the place to go. I've been to the jupiter bridge, never dived it, but it isn't popular at all... I don't think I've ever seen anybody over there and the days I was there (granted maybe 2-3 times), the viz wasn't so hot/

I have dove the Jupiter Bridge. The dive window is small, you want to be there right before high tide. Entry is from the west side of the bridge, I happen to go on the north side. Parking is limited and access can be a chore too. The current is very strong, especially if you go in the channel - I have done that, wouldn't recommend it though. I have seen some very impressive balls of Snook at times. This link sums it up:Cato

My favorite FL shore dive is Lauderdale by the Sea but I have not done BHB. IMO shore diving in FL is great, but the boat diving is Much better. There is some really good boat diving in FL from Jupiter to Key West. Boynton has great diving. Actually it will sound contrite but Molasses reef is awesome with some great spur and groove reefs in the 10-40' range. Overall the diving in FL is great and you do not need to get a passport! :D

Charter boats are about 1000% better than shore dives in Florida. Just my 2psi worth. :wink:

I would agree with that statement. If you're willing to float me the extra $50 per person per dive (3 of us), I'd be happy to do charter boats instead :).

I would agree with that statement. If you're willing to float me the extra $50 per person per dive (3 of us), I'd be happy to do charter boats instead :).

I sure you have your reasons, but for most people traveling to FL, the cost of the dive boat is chump change compared to the cost of driving or flying out from NY. The diving there is awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom