Jupiter Crew goes Wild in Mad Beach!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chad Carney

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I borrowed the title from a post on another forum about a bunch of shooters from Jupiter who just shot it up pretty good over here in the Gulf with me on Saturday.

These east coasters clearly threw down the gauntlet for a west coast team to try to keep up!

They each made 6 dives on just 3 tanks, covering 11 sites.

Johnoly's report:

"We arrived at the docks about 6:30am for a quick push off. Gear loaded, about 100 pounds of ice and running fast and flat to beat the weather front coming down from the north. Chad ran us out to a couple of the wrecks (Sheridan & Blackthorn) and 2 teams split up on them. Viz was 25 - 30 feet on the wrecks and temps still 78 - 80 degrees with almost no current. Bait balls were thick and of course the monster closed AJ’s were on it. RjnJupiter just seconds after splashing spots a huge Cubera on the top of the wreck. It tries to sneak behind a smoke stack, but too late and he drilled it. 37 pounds!

We had light rain but no lightening. The captain moved us over to some ledges and viz was almost 50-60 feet. We could see the bottom as soon as we backrolled each time. Everyone knows, local knowledge is everything and Chad has it and the numbers to prove it. The drops were unbelievable. Fish everywhere. You didn’t have to chase anything. I would move a hundred feet down the ledge and never see another teammate, just shooting fish all around me. We hit the limits on Hogs, Reds, and crushed the big mango’s and finally broke one of Chad’s coolers it was so stuffed.

The gulf coast shooting is way different from the east coast. Freeshafting and after I stuck my shaft in the clay bottom, I took off the 2nd band and it was just one band, no line, shoot and reload fast. Many thanks to SharpShooter for his stuck shaft removal tips. Also I can’t thank Chad Carney enough for taking us to his secret drops and he knew we could shoot fish. If you are looking for a “Mad Charter”, call Chad! This was one of the best trips I’ve ever taken! I only have a couple of the pictures and missed Chuckitall & Glyph, Chad has a bunch more."

Here's a bunch of pics:
Capt Chad

Attachments

• PA240013 lw.JPG
    PA240013 lw.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 65
  • PA240030 lw.JPG
    PA240030 lw.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 47
  • PA240041 lw.JPG
    PA240041 lw.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 59
  • PA240043 lw.JPG
    PA240043 lw.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 54
  • PA240026 lw.JPG
    PA240026 lw.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 56
  • PA240035 culw.JPG
    PA240035 culw.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 58
  • PA240050 lw.JPG
    PA240050 lw.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 48
  • PA240006 lw.JPG
    PA240006 lw.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 64
  • PA240023 lw.JPG
    PA240023 lw.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 49
  • PA240060 lw.JPG
    PA240060 lw.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 62
That freaking Cubera is a monster. Excellent pics. I see Randy. :) That guy can shoot.

That freaking Cubera is a monster. Excellent pics. I see Randy. :) That guy can shoot.

Those are some nice fish. Looks like all these guys know what to do. :palmtree: Bob

They can all shoot!

The 6th & 9th pictures above of Jose' in the camo suit are of the same red grouper, normal coloration in the first, and then it suddenly completely bleached white! Here they are again closer up. And Randy's cubera close up too... check out those choppers!

Chad

Attachments

• PA240021 lw.JPG
    PA240021 lw.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 43
  • PA240027 lw.JPG
    PA240027 lw.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 44
  • PA240006 lw cu.JPG
    PA240006 lw cu.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 39
Dang. And heck they seriously scared the life out of the grouper :wink: