Jupiter dive report today: Ocean was lit up!! +

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving looks amazing in Jupiter. I have to get down there. Is there a best time of year there or is it this great year round??

Watch it in 1080p .... it makes a big difference.

At the 4:18 mark I could even hear a faint yell of "Sheet, I knew I forgot something on this dive" from Amazz in the scene !! That was so close and yet so far.

Great video and sweet viz !!

I'm no expert, but from my observations, the out going tide has some impact on the diving, but normally not much. Since the gulf stream is flowing northward, the inlet's out-going dirty water is usually swept northward with the current. The boats then dive south of the inlet where clean ocean water is present (the sites mentioned in this thread are south of the Jupier inlet). Occasionally when the gulf stream has wandered far off shore and there is not much near shore northward current, the ugly inlet water and run-off will impact the diving, especially the sites that are just barely south of the inlet. Sometimes super heavy rain storms have an impact on vis too. Cold water upwellings can also impact vis.

Tides have a huge impact on Blue Heron Bridge: its a slack tide dive. Even if you are not hardcore macro photographer, the dive still might be fun since you stand a good chance to see some things that you'll see less frequently in the ocean (eagle rays, yellow rays, star gazers, flying gurnards, batfish, manatees, etc.). I've only seen two flying gurnards and one batfish in the open ocean but these are fairly common at BHB.

Thanks. That is about what I was thinking. We love to hit Blue Heron each time we come to FL. Neat unusual stuff. A good balance to the offshore dives.

another video from the same trip. can't wait to do it again!

[video=youtube_share;fCQdX31lr9A]http://youtu.be/fCQdX31lr9A[/video]

Hey Reebok...I'm amazed at the colors that come through on your video - especially at that depth. Are you shooting with a GoPro? Are you using a filter?

Hey Reebok...I'm amazed at the colors that come through on your video - especially at that depth. Are you shooting with a GoPro? Are you using a filter?

Thanks. I put all the vital info in the description on YouTube. You may have to click See More.
It's a hero3 silver 1080p wide, 30fps, protune, camraw white balance. Eelvision BG filter. EelVision | GoPro Accessories

Nice videos guys. I went the day after you and got some similar footage from monkey's ledge. This weekend is looking like conditions should be stellar.

[video=youtube;Qhg9jdadnWA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhg9jdadnWA[/video]

Great videos guys! I'm reserved for Friday morning. Hoping conditions remain favorable.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom