Jupiter Diving in 2009 - Ongoing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To all on the Monday and Tuesday JDC trips - thanks. I had a great time. Sandy - it was nice to meet you. Chris - I am sad that I ran out of bottom time and missed the Octopus on Tuesday. I hope to bring my family back soon. NJMike - make sure that you are EAN certified. It extends the bottom time alot. JDC also has larger tanks that worked great for me (a bit of an air hog!). Great crew - on Tuesday I dove with two divemasters! Sandy - good luck finishing up your DM.

Bob

Bob... it was nice meeting you... I was on the other boat the Monday you went out.

I'm diving with JDC again on the 16th... Looking forward to it...

Al

Hey Jupiterian divers - FYI, I'm booked with JDC for the morning dive this Saturday (Feb. 14). Not sure which boat, but hope to see you there! Looks to be perfect weather...

>*< Fritz

Hey Fritz, there's a group of us going both Sat & Sun the following weekend - Feb 21 & 22, if you're interested!

I am headed down to Jupiter to dive next week and needed a reasonably priced hotel/motel. I checked hotels.com and some oter websites and was ready to book a fleabag @ $68 a night when it occured to me that I might give Pricelines "name your own price" feature. Just for kicks I told it I wanted a mid range property for $55 a night.
I did not expect to find anything. Much to my suprise I wound up with a room at the Doubletree Palm Beach Gardens. I checked the other search engines and found rooms there on my dates running $150 a night.

Had I booked directly through Hilton or through hotels.com I would have paid $150 for the room I got for $55 through Priceline.

Hope this is helpful to future Jupiter divers.

Great deal you got, Steve! Doubletree PBG isn't very far from Jupiter. A very short drive, so you can't beat the price. Thanks for the info for future Jupiter divers.

Hey Fritz, there's a group of us going both Sat & Sun the following weekend - Feb 21 & 22, if you're interested!

Yep, I've been following that thread. And I just might pop over one of those days - probably Saturday the 21st. Living in Central Florida, I have the luxury of not determining my weekend dives until the Thursday or Friday before. :scubadive:

...although actually it more depends on whether or not I get the house clean before visitors the following weekend. :lookaround:

>*< Fritz

Steve, very interesting about the hotel. I'll have to remember that for my next trip.

You guys are killing me with the "pop over for some nice drift dives". It is 15 degrees here this AM. I am looking at the local dive operators and ocean dives are in the 40's right now. I guess I will have to just stay on top of the water - by skiing. Hope to get back into the water soon!!

Bob

PS - Al - it was nice to meet you.
PPS - great info about the hotels and cheaper options.

Hey Bob,

I feel for you. It is a beautiful, warm & sunny 26 degrees here and we have great diving in almost 50 degree water only 4.5 hours away :) And remember, we are priveleged to have some things those poor folks down in FL don't. Like: snow, slush & ice... Those unfortunate soles never get to experience the joy of scraping the ice off thier windshield when it's -5 and the wind is howling......

Stay warm & get wet as often as you can.

(154 hours to Jupiter & counting)

You know unlike salmon and other critters who are homed in on where they land after they are popped out..... some of us realize we are not covered in a coat of warm fur, or have 12" of blubber to keep us warm so we move south with the rest of the smarter critters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom