Jupiter Helldiver 2-17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shcubasteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
A little late, but still worth talking about. Jumped on the Emerald last Friday for a little trimix diving on a FLAT morning. If you didn’t get out before the front, you missed EPIC FLAT conditions. Friday and especially Saturday morning were the calmest I’ve seen in a LONG time.

The helldiver was fun. Warm water (for Feb) with minimal current and great vis. Drop was perfect and we landed just east of the prop in 185' Spent a few minutes there before drifting into the east wing. Took a shot with one band and whiffed a nice hogfish- It was universally agreed upon after that with an 'L' to the forehead that it was time to leave. Randy cleaned out the lionfish while down there and must have had 15+. Let’s hope the next video they are still gone.

With 20 minutes to go in our ascent, the sharks showed up. First there was one, then three, then EIGHT. for about 5 minutes they checked us out and just as quickly as they showd up, they were gone.

The wreck is SWEET and definitely worth doing one or twice but since the site is small and there’s not a whole lot to see. After a few dives it gets boring, I’m ready to find something else.

Jupiter HellDiver - YouTube

I swear, if I didn't know better (at 28 seconds) I thought I saw a diver with a single tank on.:shocked2:.

Nice video.

I saw that also looked like a single. It also would not surprise me at all. You'd not believe some of the reckless cowboy diving that goes on in these parts. I used to try and make a point of educating but now I just give up. As long as they are not my buddy they can dive what ever makes them happy

Steve, have you guys mapped out where that piece of tail section that I found lies in relation to the rest of the wreck? It can't be very far at 202'.

.. I thought I saw a diver with a single tank on.:shocked2:.

...As long as they are not my buddy they can dive what ever makes them happy

Amen Eric. tha'aint my buddy

Steve, have you guys mapped out where that piece of tail section that I found lies in relation to the rest of the wreck? It can't be very far at 202'.

To the best of my knowledge I dont think anyone has seen anything. There is a stripped out wreck in 190 something about 1000yards to the northeast tho.

I saw that also looked like a single. It also would not surprise me at all. You'd not believe some of the reckless cowboy diving that goes on in these parts. I used to try and make a point of educating but now I just give up. As long as they are not my buddy they can dive what ever makes them happy

I was joking around kinda....

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom