Jupiter morning dive, Sat. Oct 25 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FritzCat66

Florida Reef Cat
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm thinking I'll head down to Jupiter early this Saturday for the morning dive with Jupiter Dive Center, then head up I-95 back to Titusville. If any other ScubaBoarders are there, say Hi!

Also, if anyone else along the way wants to carpool down and back, let me know pronto. Looks like I'll be picking up one other in Melbourne.

>*< Fritz

I just talked to Kyle at JDC. He couldn't say what to expect for viz because they haven't run since Sunday. He said given the winds they've had this week and the rain, he's not so positive, but again, no dives since Sunday so nothing's for sure.

AM forecast is for overcast skies, possible drizzle, winds from the SW at 6mph dying down and shifting dramatically from the ENE early afternoon. Marine forecast is 2-3 foot seas.

Anyone got a better recent viz report for Jupiter?

Kyle says not many signed up for tomorrow, so it will be the Republic IV going out. Didn't ask about capt., probably Mike.

>*< Fritz

UPDATE: I've got one more diver confirmed; he's in the Melbourne area so I'll definitely be making a stop there. I need a fill on one of my tanks, so I'm planning to be at JDC around 8:15, boat leaves at 9:00.

Fritz / Tim,

I created a new thread in the accidents section for discussion of the incident and linked Fritz's single post with the dive details in my post.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ac...-sb-member-littlejohn-critical-condition.html

At this point, all we can do is pray for John to make a full recovery. Having met him for the first time at the manatee dive last January, he and I stood around and chatted about diving for at least thirty minutes since our dive on Rainbow River was canceled due to weather. I went home thinking "wow, what a nice guy". We tried to plan a few other dives since then but the weather had stymied us every time so far.

Last edited:
Thank you for that report Fritz :wink:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom