Just a BAD DAY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed Hatfield

Contributor
Reaction score
Ontario , Canada & Playa del Carmen, Mexico
# of dives
500 - 999
A couple from London (Ontario) were at the Iberostar resort on Cozumel before Christmas. He was diving with the resort 'Dressel Divers'. They are associated with Iberostar and have a dive shop in each resort complex (world-wide where diving is available I believe). He wasn't impressed with the dive operation and provided the pictures to show why.

Cozumel 001.jpg

Cozumel 002.jpg

Cozumel 003.jpg

YES - THE BOAT SANK. Personally I prefer to do my diving OUTSIDE the boat. He went on to say that on the next day the group were left in the water for 45 minutes before being picked up at the end of the drift dive. I hope he got his money back. I have never used Dressel Divers because I've never stayed at an Iberostar. I'm sure this is not indicative of the operation as a whole.

Anyways - I just thought this was worth a chuckle.

Maybe the plan was to do a wreck dive? :idk:

:D

Great pics; thanks for sharing.

:rofl3: Oh boy, a virgin wreck! :D

A friend told me a stroy of diving off Kline Bonaire island quite some time back, when a boat passed them going down. Their boat! :popcorn: :popcorn: :rofl3:
I'm sure he finds it much more amusing today than on that day

I didn't know Dressel had 6-packs in Cozumel. I've only seen their big boats at their dock and out on the dive sites. (and people usually complain/comment about them being a cattle boat operation.)

Scubawife,
The info is second hand so I wasn't TOO hard on the dive op just in case I got it wrong. I'm pretty sure he said Coz and not Playa but it was an Iberostar. Funny no matter where it was.

I've used Dressel twice, once in Cozumel (one dive only) and once at the Iberostar in Playa (one dive only). That's why I dive with Blue Angel in Cozumel and Jason in Playa. Can't say enough BAD about Dressel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom