Just a shout out to my diving buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TimK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Let you all know I'm still alive and diving. Did my trip to Thailand last November and heading to Greece in 30 days. Plan to get some diving in while on the island of Rhodes after touring mainland Greece. Being out here in Iraq hasn't been all that bad, lol! Got the Maldives, Thailand and will have Greece by the time July rolls around. I'm thinking about coming back for a bit, taking a break from the heat so Dave...have my tanks ready for me! Can't wait to get get back to cold and murky....:rofl3:

I'm here and the tanks are ready to go! Great to hear from you!

A little update...

With all the turmoil and strife in Greece I decided to cancel that trip and try to find someplace nice and quiet and RELAXING without worrying about the next flight or even if electricity would be on in the next hotel due to strikes by the unions there. I felt Europe would be out as flights are being interrupted by ash from Iceland's volcano...so, looked like the Pacific area was about the only region of the world left without a whole lot of man made or natural disasters affecting it right now.

So, long story short I re-booked my girlfriend and I to Australia! And...will be doing a 3 day live aboard and diving the Great Barrier Reef ;-) aboard a 1800s style sailboat -- the Santa Maria. Great Barrier Reef Diving, Snorkeling & Sailing Tours - Cairns, Australia | Dive and Snorkel with Intimate Small Groups

Sux to have to dive the barrier reef rather then the Med, but I guess I'll get over it.

Thanks for taking good care of my tanks Dave! I'll look forward to nice clean air in them when I get back next year, lol!

Reefseal, if you do go to Thailand do a liveaboard out to the Similin and Surin islands out of Phuket. Diving in close to shore is not all that good, fished out and murky. Out at the islands though -- very good clarity and marine life although there are spots that still show the affects of dynamite fishing. Coral fields flattened....sad. Better yet if you are just going for diving go to the Maldives -- you WILL NEVER REGRET that!!!! Simply amazing marine life and corals there.

It's hot here...up to 120 now but we're just on "pre-bake". In another month we'll be topping out close to 140 in the sun...130 in the shade.

Talk to you all later!

Attachments

• Santa Maria.jpg
    Santa Maria.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 24

Back
Top Bottom