Just an update on Madison Blue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fgray1

GDI Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Since I finished full Cave Now I've been doing lots of diving in the springs. I have been to Madison Blue, Peacock, Little River, Manatee, Ginnie all several times and with different people. Have to say one of my favorites is Madison but I hear very little about it and I haven't run into allot of divers there. Other than the mob of people there (not as bad as Ginnie) it's a great dive. The side passages are seldom traveled so the caves are in good shape not the normal white tank marks you see in allot of the other systems. Some of the passages are better done in side mount.
The cavern area is one of the best areas I have seen. Plenty to explore for the cavern diver working on his intro. Great place to get use to running the reel. For the intro diver there is plenty to see on the main line while getting use to a little flow with getting to deep. The location is not so far from Peacock that you can do it in the AM and then still hit peacock the same afternoon. And you can't beat the Price. I spent the whole day there yesterday and even though it was crowded with swimmers they were polite and gave way to so you could get to the water easy. We did 2 dives and both were well over an hour and because of the depth had very little deco. The flow was down and the vis was great. A good 50 ft.
I'll be going back soon there is still lots that I haven't seen I noticed lines on the left and right sides of some of the passages that look very interesting.

On a different note I did the Traverse from Friedman to the Manatee Basin at Manatee Springs and I Have to say that has to be one of the dive that all cave divers should do. It was fantastic.
Thanks JENO.
Fred

Madison has certain limitations...namely the 12 diver limitation. There have been times when divers were turned away by the park ranger because they were #s 13 and 14. I remember when diving Madison meant having to be there at least an hour before the park opened and you might get to dive it that day. That was mainly weekends. Madison has also been blown out quite a bit over the past year or so with conditions being rather volatile, especially if it's been raining a lot, which it seems it has a lot lately. It is a beautiful cave, it just takes some planning and luck to dive it lately. And see, now you've let it out that there aren't many divers heading over there and it will be back to having to get there at 6 or 7 to make sure you get to dive it! :wink:

Madison is one of my favorite easy hits that far East :)

madison is one of my faves, too, except for the climb back up. i think that's tough! but the dive is worth it.

madison is one of my faves, too, except for the climb back up.

It is easy now as compared to how it was before the steps were there & it was a garbage dump, literally.

yeah, why are all sinkholes in a hole?? makes it tough to get to them...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom