just back from 2 days on Great Escape!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Wow! Great trip to Santa Barbara and Farnsworth and Catalina. Great Escape is fantastic - wonderful crew (thank you Capt Tim), great fun, excellent diving, gorgeous weather.... can't say enough about it.

I am busy working on videos and photos this week and hope to get a few things posted soon. :D

robint

geez girl, let me at least unpack the dive gear and put it away!!

okay.......... here is one pic from topside:
Kelp_at_the_surface1679.jpg

our last dive of trip.... kelp was lush to say the least and from the surface you could see almost to the bottom, gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous Catalina kelp!

robin

We were at Santa Barbara and Catalina - and my computer registered 66-68 degrees on all dives except one. The only one that got colder was at Farnsworth, at +90' deep there was a thermocline and my computer dipped to mid-50s. But you weren't down there long as it is soooo deep so we didn't get cold. I can see why Farnsworth Bank is considered such an awesome dive.... EVERYONE should do that dive if they can get there. Words don't even do it justice. It was the most colorful dive site I have ever visited, bar none.
I didn't take the video rig down for Farnsworth unfortunately. As it is so deep and dark I figured it wouldn't be any good for video without lights. My hubby did get some still photos though. I will post when we get everything edited.
All I can saw is WOW......

robin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom